Website appears as HTML code

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
RETAdmin

Website appears as HTML code

Post by RETAdmin »

My company website was working fine this morning. When I visited this afternoon, the site formatting had completely collapse. It now reads like HTML (see picture).

I signed into the Admin. I went to Pages and I can only view my page Content as HTML code despite the 'View HTML' box not being checked.

Because I have very little coding experience, I wasn't sure what to look for in the CSS so I have no clue if it's something in the code for my Templates or Stylesheets.

Please assist.
Attachments
Capture3.jpg
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Website appears as HTML code

Post by Jo Morg »

A few things may be in the origin of the issue:
- something may have been edited and broke the site;
- the host may have made a change on the server that may have caused it to broke (like a PHP upgrade as an example);
It seems that the site (page) header is not being rendered which may be caused by a PHP error.
We need more info about the site before we can help further, mainly the system info that you should be able to get from the backend of cmsms: https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/troubleshooting/tips .
That should tell us the CMSMS version, PHP version and other things that may help.
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!
RETAdmin

Post by RETAdmin »

Thanks, Jo.

According to our System Infomration, our CMSMS version is 1.11.10 and the PHP is 7.1.15.

I've attached a screenshot of the PHP info. I noticed some 'Caution' symbols in there - not sure if those are indicating the issue...
Attachments
Capture2.jpg
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

A version of CMSMS that old may not work on PHP 7.x, so it's possible your host upgraded it without your knowledge.

Not 100% certain that's it, but it's possible. You may also just want to try clearing the site cache.

You also need to make upgrading CMSMS a priority. If it's not something you're comfortable with, there is a 'commercial help wanted' forum, as well as our Hire-a-Dev program.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Jo Morg »

RETAdmin wrote:ccording to our System Infomration, our CMSMS version is 1.11.10 and the PHP is 7.1.15.
DIGI3 wrote:A version of CMSMS that old may not work on PHP 7.x, so it's possible your host upgraded it without your knowledge.

Not 100% certain that's it, but it's possible. You may also just want to try clearing the site cache.
That's most surely it. That version of CMSMS may eventually work with a PHP version of 5.3.x-5.6.x and that depending on 3rd party modules...
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!
RETAdmin

Post by RETAdmin »

Thank you both.

I have done upgrading before … but for a Wordpress Site.

I'm trying to locate on the backend the script folder to download a backup of our site before upgrading but I can't find it.

Where is the script folder located?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

I'm not sure what you mean by the backend script folder. Are you looking for an automated utility to back up the site? There are one or two modules that will do this, but generally the backup procedure is simply:
  1. clear CMSMS cache
  2. tar.gz all of the files (using your host's file manager or shell)
  3. backup the database (using phpmyadmin, shell, or utility of your choice)
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options

Return to “CMSMS Core”