Possible Bug: {redirect_url} plugin

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
BMSKiwi

Possible Bug: {redirect_url} plugin

Post by BMSKiwi »

Hello, I'm relatively new to CMSMS, just doing a deep overhaul of the architecture beneath our company website https://simpro.world

I have finished updating the CMSMS and PHP environment (phew) but came across some weird redirect behaviour which I suspect is due to a poor implementation of absolute/relative URL resolution behind the {redirect_url} plugin

The basic steps to reproduce are
1. create a second-level content of type URL redirect, with a relative URL slug, to, say, a PDF file on the server.
2. Observe that the resulting link generated by Navigator works perfectly, with a DIRECT link to the pdf file - ie the actual URL of the redirect object itself is completely bypassed.
3. However, try manually navigating to the URL of the redirect object. This should still work - and I think navigator should probably resolve via this URL in any event. But the redirect fails, since the redirect is then resolved to an URL using the LOCATION of the redirect object as the base.

However, the relative URL slugs should (I expect) be resolved using the {root_url} as the base.

Further effects of this issue can be seen, for instance, by creating a redirect content to a mailto: protocol. Again, this fails since the redirect does not recognise this is an absolute url, and attempts to construct an url using the location of the redirect object as the base.

I've cunningly got around this for the time being by creating a new template with essentially the following content:

Code: Select all

{$resource_url="{content label='URL of resource' oneline='true'}"}
{if "{$resource_url|parse_url:PHP_URL_HOST}" || "{$resource_url|parse_url:PHP_URL_SCHEME}"}
    {redirect_302 to="{$resource_url}"}
{else}
    {redirect_302 to="{root_url}/{$resource_url}"}
{/if}
(Redirect_302 is a UDT which simply wraps a PHP 302 Header call - I couldn't use redirect_url since that is actually the source of the problem)

However a permanent solution would obviously be preferable:)

Return to “CMSMS Core”