Fresh Install on Debian 9 - Failing

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
kimmbob

Fresh Install on Debian 9 - Failing

Post by kimmbob »

Hey there,
I tried to install CMSMS on a fresh minimal Debian 9 installation.

It doesn't matter if I try the single file or the expanded installer. Result is the same:

Code: Select all

Fatal Error
Invalid config value for dest - not a directory, or not writable
Well. thats not too much info to work with. I think, if something was wrong with my apache2, php7 or mariaDB installation, the install script would at least tell me so.

Directory was empty, exept for the zip files and the files that came out of them.

PHP is working, at least, i can get phpinfo. But I have no Idea how to append it here, because the forum rejects html files (or the same file renamed as txt)
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Fresh Install on Debian 9 - Failing

Post by calguy1000 »

I checked the code. The message is valid, and correct.

There are multiple different ways of specifying the 'destination' directory on installation:

a: via the URL on the first request
b: via a config file
c: via the selector/input field in the first page.

The code is merely checking that the value it found for the destination directory is a: a directory, and b: is writable by the application.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.

Return to “CMSMS Core”