cms_selflink isn't working for me

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
joolsr
Forum Members
Forum Members

cms_selflink isn't working for me

Post by joolsr »

Hi

I've recently upgraded from 2.2.7 from 1.xx and everything at last is fine apart from one thing.

Already created cms_selflink links made before the upgrade were not rendered as real href links to the right page these were just shown as eg

<a href="{cms_selflink href='reflector-antennas'}"> in the page source of the rendered web page

But when I now use the editor to create new links to CMS pages some links are created fine and the link is inserted correctly in the source, but some don't and are rendered as below:-

https://www.elite-antennas.com/%7Bcms_s ... agents'%7D

Any ideas?

The links that were created fine were made on normal pages whereas the link that rendered incorrectly as above was made on a News page if that were to make any difference.
Rolf
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: cms_selflink isn't working for me

Post by Rolf »

In News module content field tags needs to be eval-ed
{$entry->content} needs to be {eval var=$entry->content}
Similar for summary fields
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
joolsr
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by joolsr »

Thanks for your update.

At least I know now that its not as easy as it might appear for News and Summaries links ... is this something that could be fixed sometime? Its certainly not obvious nor easy to spot that the links are coming out incorrectly
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

It's not really something that can be fixed, as it's for improved security. We don't change your templates on upgrades (that would cause far more problems than it solved). It's documented in the sample News templates, and should be in the release notes of the version when it was changed.

If someone can figure out when it was changed, I can add it to the documentation for upgrading old versions.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options

Return to “CMSMS Core”