CMSMS outbound connections to itself vs webhosting rules

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
cyrcle
Forum Members
Forum Members

CMSMS outbound connections to itself vs webhosting rules

Post by cyrcle »

Hello,
I am currently experiencing a problem with 2 websites hosted on OVH shared hosting located in the Gravelines data center.
At times, I can have up to one query on 20 which returns me an incomplete loaded page, a blank page or a "502 Gateway Time-out" or "504 Gateway Time-out" error.

HTTP requests, SQL requests and CPU usage are very low for those websites.
The support tells me that the problem could come from the outgoing connections used by CMSMS.
It's true that CMSMS (since version 2.2) creates outbound connections to itself to trigger the asynchronous processing.
But the support tells me it's a typical attack behavior and their systems could slow down these calls when they are too many.
They ask me if CMSMadeSimple has no other way to trigger asynchronous processing? And they find very strange to make a synchronous call to start asynchronous tasks.

I can not believe these outgoing connections are a problem.
In the logs, I once found 2 simultaneous outgoing connections, but in principle it is maximum 1 outgoing connection every 3 minutes with an average of 380 connections per day. Is it really too much?

Has anyone ever encountered a similar problem?
Would it be possible to trigger the asynchronous processing without outbound connections?

Thanks.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: CMSMS outbound connections to itself vs webhosting rules

Post by DIGI3 »

I don't know the answers to most of your questions, but you can change the frequency with a config setting:

https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/configur ... _asyncfreq

I think Calguy would need to answer the rest.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
cyrcle
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: CMSMS outbound connections to itself vs webhosting rules

Post by cyrcle »

Thank you DIGI3 for this first answer. I will test. I didn't think it was possible to change the asynchronous process jobs frequency.

Return to “CMSMS Core”