cms 2.2.7 installer thinks my CMS is older than it is!

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
biddlybum

cms 2.2.7 installer thinks my CMS is older than it is!

Post by biddlybum »

In admin I get the alert: "Your CMSMS version is out of date
Notice: You are currently running CMSMS version 2.2.3.1. Version 2.2.7 is available. Please upgrade soon."

I tried to upgrade to cms 2.2.7 and on the first step I am told I am running 1.6.6, db schema 32 and that I cannot updgrade.

I had trouble upgrading from an old version a while back and did a complete new re-install from scratch 6 months ago. Is there something left over that's screwing up the install process? Where do I start?
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: cms 2.2.7 installer thinks my CMS is older than it is!

Post by velden »

For older versions the installer checks the file /version.php for CMSMS 2.x it looks in the /lib/ folder for version.php.

My GUESS is that the version.php in the root folder is left during your troubled upgrade. If so, I'd suggest to make sure you have a backup of your complete install (files and database). Then rename the version.php file (the one in the install root, same folder as where config.php exists) and try to upgrade again.

That said, a troubled upgrade might have done more strange things aside from leaving this one version.php file....
biddlybum

Re: cms 2.2.7 installer thinks my CMS is older than it is!

Post by biddlybum »

Many thanks velden.
Yep - I renamed the old versions.php in the root and the installation then went through with no apparent problems - apart from server error on step 4 - which was OK on second attempt.

I'd like to add solved to the title of this thread.. but I don't seem to have an edit capability.

Return to “CMSMS Core”