Install step 7: Checksum does not match

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
antibart
Power Poster
Power Poster

Install step 7: Checksum does not match

Post by antibart »

Hi,

hope you have a little time for my big issue.

CMSMS: 2.2.5 / 2.2.6 both
PHP: checked 5.6 to 7.2
Upload method: checked FTP and SSH
Hoster: Strato PowerWeb Basic (it's NOT mine)

Description:
After step 6 during the installation routine I get the following message:

"Extracted file checksum does not match"

... and no installation will be done. My first thought was that I should not use the discouraged FTP method. But it also happens via SSH (uploaded directly by download and unzipped on the server).

I checked the same installation file on a strato powerweb PRO packet without any problems. But Pro and Basic should have more or less the same system configuration and functionality as far as I see. The differences are in memory size, number of domains etc.

Error log:

AH01215: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PharException' with message 'phar "/mnt/.../htdocs/web2018/cmsms-2.2.6-install.php" SHA1 signature could not be verified: broken signature' in /mnt/.../web2018/cmsms-2.2.6-install.php:8: /home/strato/http/premium/rid/.../htdocs/web2018/cmsms-2.2.6-install.php

What I notice is that strato displays two directories: the internal system directory with /mnt/... and the recommended customer directory with /home/...

Any idea?
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Install step 7: Checksum does not match

Post by velden »

It's a little out of my league but invalid signature suggest something has been altered (perhaps just after extraction).
I'd suggest to ask the provider for some help. Maybe an anti-virus product is blocking a file (false positive) and they might be able to find it in the logs.

I'm just wild guessing. Didn't have problems with the phar so far.
antibart
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Install step 7: Checksum does not match

Post by antibart »

velden wrote: I'd suggest to ask the provider for some help.
That's what I did. Today they recommended to ask in this forum ;)

What I also did was another test installation on an absolute indentical Strato-Pack. Worked fine. So there should be something misconfigurated on the webserver.

Strato PW Pro: works
Strato PW Basic 1: works
Strato PW Basic 2: nope ...
antibart
Power Poster
Power Poster

[solved]: Install step 7: Checksum does not match

Post by antibart »

Solved:

On Strato under "security" there is a point named "SiteGuard"->Write protection. Usually this point is not activated by default. But in this case it was. Deactivating for the installation process fixed it.

Return to “CMSMS Core”