New installation with missing XMLReader and other problems

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
roman
Forum Members
Forum Members

New installation with missing XMLReader and other problems

Post by roman »

Expectation from new verison of CMSMS:
After several years without CMSMS and web development i need made a new web. I downloaded new CMSMS and i was theoretical happy to be with new version of CMSMS.

Problems with one file install:
After unzipping archive i found one php file. Oooo, sweet installation as Adminer(One file DB manager with 80% of functionality of phpMyAdmin)! But after upload and load script i saw error. I found threads viewtopic.php?f=84&t=70384 and viewtopic.php?f=84&t=70174&start=15 I can't exctract files on hosting and my ftp client WinSCP was in binary mode, so it was "ok" on my party.

I had questions: "Why there is error info if solution of problem is not in error message?". And why "Have you tried to activate php error messages?" this can be solution fo basic users?

That i uploaded zip file into server with small script extract.phpCMSMS can make this file or this functionality for future users with these problems. With functionallity, if there is one zip/archive file, exctract it and load exctracted file. Or if there is several files, make choice for user what to do.

Code: Select all

<?php
$zip = new ZipArchive;
if ($zip->open('cmsms-2.2.5-install.zip') === TRUE) {
    $zip->extractTo('/www/public_html/');
    $zip->close();
    echo 'ok';
} else {
    echo 'failed';
}
?>
and i was happy again.

Not intuitive installation process:
I had little problem with too much info during installation process.
Problem was for example waste of time with this info:
This folder already contains some files and/or subfolders. Though it is possible to install CMSMS here, it may inadvertantely corrupt an existing application. Please double check the contents of this folder. For reference purposes some of the files are listed below. Please ensure that this is correct.
cmsms-2.2.5-install.php
cmsms-2.2.5-install.zip
extract.php
(I know extract.php is not usuall fie there, but why warning for cmsms-2.2.5-install.php?)

Name of input field for email adress can be some usuall as "email" and not "emailaddr" for autocomplete functionality. ;)

<label>Email Address</label>
            </div>
            <div class="eight-col">
                            <input class="form-field full-width" name="emailaddr" type="email">
When i forgot change DB server from localhost to real name from my hosting provider, i saw error message "No such file or directory" ???

Not intuitive usage:
Who need Reset button in admin login screen?

I i need to go into any section, i must expand section? Who need one more click with mouse? Also some diffuculties are there i didnot wrote it here.

Real problem with basic installation of CMSMS:
Really big problem from my angle of view is error when I tried install Album/Gallery module(from disc or from remote server) and upload template.
Fatal error: Class 'XMLReader' not found in /www/public_html/lib/classes/class.moduleoperations.inc.php on line 307

Fatal error: Class 'XMLReader' not found in /www/public_html/modules/DesignManager/lib/class.dm_xml_reader.php on line 23

On this forum is sometimes in last half year i found something about missing classes and soution was there add some info int config.php. So i added lines with

$config['root_path'] = ...
with no change of problem.
Testing of addind $config['root_url'] with slash or no slash on the end of URL make problem load full admin page - minimal CSS is missing.

Also i checked lib/classes dir, but there is no class 'XMLReader'. Why? Is not basic functionality load templates and modules from XML, if this is visible in administration area? I need search on the cmsms web this class, download it and uplado it to this dir?

Conclusion:
CMSMS was nice piece of SW with easy installation and easy basic usage. Now after 1 day i have done work for one hour. I have a dream that CMSMS will be as flexible as CMSMS(is still) and in one breath as kind/usable as WordPress at nowadays.
roman
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: New installation with missing XMLReader and other proble

Post by roman »

Ach, solution was so easy but i was so frustrated after installing process to find it yesterday. After searching string "XMLReader" in the whole code i found class_exists('XMLReader',false) in admin/systeminfo.php and there was "Checking for the XMLReader class (xmlreader_class)" in admin area and link to https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/installa ... navailable
But after Fatal Error in admin area it looked like real error and not like missing included library. Maybe someone(maybe me?) can change it in code - before usage of XMLReader class check for existence and warning message about further malfunction of code.

Return to “CMSMS Core”