Upgrade Help

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
Mike512

Upgrade Help

Post by Mike512 »

I am trying to update a site that is currently on version 1.11.10. It has a few errors I am guessing becuase the php version on the hosting service upgraded to 5.6. One of the errors prevents the System Maintenance tab from being opened so I cannot upgrade CMS Made Simple.

Is there a way to upgrade CMS Made Simple manually or fix this error just enough to upgrade?

Code: Select all

Warning: require_once(/home/product2/public_html/lib/test.functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/product2/public_html/admin/systemmaintenance.php on line 41

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/product2/public_html/lib/test.functions.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/product2/public_html/admin/systemmaintenance.php on line 41
PinkElephant
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Upgrade Help

Post by PinkElephant »

Hi
Mike512 wrote:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/product2/public_html/lib/test.functions.php'
I think this has cropped up a few times on the forum: test.functions.php removed by host due to anti-malware false-positive.

You could try uploading the file again (presumably, the one in cmsmadesimple-1.11.10-english.tar.gz) and if it's whisked away ask your host to check and whitelist it.
paulbaker
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by paulbaker »

See also:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=76729

If you are trying to open System Maintenance to clear cache (good idea) then you can also do this manually to save the bother. Take a look in tmp directory and delete all files in the 3 sub-directories. Then you can continue with your upgrading. You should be following this:
https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/upgrading/to-cmsms-2.x
To copy System Information to the forum:
https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/troubles ... nformation

CMS Made Simple Geekmoots attended:
Nottingham, UK 2012 | Ghent, Belgium 2015 | Leicester, UK 2016
Mike512

Post by Mike512 »

Thanks I have fixed the fatal error in the system tabs and have cleared the cache. I am trying to upgrade is it necessary to go to 1.11.13 before 1.12.0 when I am in 1.11.10 if so is there documentation on doing the upgrade to 1.11.13 I am having problems with it because the files are organized different then the 2.x documentation mentions.
PinkElephant
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by PinkElephant »

The 1.0 upgrade docs suggest you've got to get to 1.12.1. (The release diff files suggest 1.11.11 and 1.11.13 are necessary jumps from 1.11.10).

Up, up, up and away. ;)

Return to “CMSMS Core”