Strange happenings on website

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
cc000001

Strange happenings on website

Post by cc000001 »

Hi everyone,

My company have inherited a site built on CMS Made Simple and the client is reporting unusual issues.

Certain pages (within the news section) seem to appear/disappear randomly. The entries will be there on the news summary page one moment but not there the next. The links to the entry pages become dead links and give a 404 page.

Another strange thing happened - I tried to log into the control panel to look at things but couldn't because the password was rejected (we definitely haven't changed this). I did a forgot password request and this worked, and I was able to log in. And (not sure if this is a coincidence) the missing posts appeared. Then after a short time it logged my out of the CMS and I couldn't log back in. And the posts disappeared again.

I did another reset, got back in and the posts reappeared.

But, you guessed it - logs me out again....

I'm concerned that the site might have been compromised but we don't know anything about CMS Made Simple so don't know how to diagnose this.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Thanks!
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Strange happenings on website

Post by velden »

Some more information would be useful:

- has the site been moved to your company's server?
- do you have system information? https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/troubles ... nformation

You might want to consider hiring a CMSMS dev* to get your client up and running quickly: https://www.cmsmadesimple.org/support/hire-a-dev/
cc000001

Re: Strange happenings on website

Post by cc000001 »

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, the website was recently migrated to our server.

I can't seem to login at all now, and not receiving the password reset emails. :(

Ok, I think we might need a dev for this.

Thanks!

Return to “CMSMS Core”