Navigator with start_level doesn't work anymore

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
webform
Power Poster
Power Poster

Navigator with start_level doesn't work anymore

Post by webform »

I have som footer links as subpages to a "Section Header' and i used to call it in previous home pages i built (CMSMS 1.x series) with:

Code: Select all

{menu start_page='footer-links' start_level=2 number_of_levels=1}
But the same parameters using Navigator in CMSMS 2.x doesn't work:

{Navigator start_page='footer-links' start_level=2 number_of_levels=1}
If i omit "start_level" i get an output (all thought including the start page). Isn't it longer possible to use these combinations of parameters, to display a specific set of menu items?

Cms Version: 2.2.3.1
Navigator: 1.0.8
It also seems the help text for "show_all" parameters is wrong both in the Navigator module help text and the CMS Made Simple Docs;
show_all="0" - This option will cause the menu to show all nodes even if they are set to not show in the menu.
But show_all=1 is actually the parameter setting that cause the menu to show all nodes.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Navigator with start_level doesn't work anymore

Post by calguy1000 »

Navigator is not the same as MenuManager.
It does not support using start_page or start_element in conjunction with start_level.

You can use 'children_of' though.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
webform
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Navigator with start_level doesn't work anymore

Post by webform »

Doh! It was starring me in the face all the time and i succeeded to miss it completely :-[
I was so focused on how i used to do it.

Thanks!

Return to “CMSMS Core”