Customize MicroTiny?

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
Bigge

Customize MicroTiny?

Post by Bigge »

When I save text with Scandinavian letters (å,ä,ö) in Microtiny, it saves the letters as html entities (å , ä , ö).
I would like to customize settings for Microtiny to raw-format.
In TinyMCE I think it is solved by adding entity_encoding : "raw" to the init file.
How is it done in MicroTiny?

I am using CMSMS 2.2.3.1
Database and tables utf8_general_ci
scooper
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Customize MicroTiny?

Post by scooper »

If you want to change editor config settings then really the thing to do is to use the full TinyMCE module which lets you add your own config settings via the admin interface . (under profiles -> templates there's a text area for 'Extra JavaScript options').

If you really want to stick with MicroTiny then you can overload the init javascipt using the /assets/module_custom folder:

Copy the current init script from

/modules/MicroTiny/templates/tinymce_config.js

and save it to

/assets/module_custom/MicroTiny/templates/tinymce_config.js

Then you can add your own config settings to that file. You'll probably need to clear the Smarty cache when you make changes.

If you do go that way though you run the risk of things breaking whenever there's an upgrade (or you just breaking things anyway).
Bigge

[SOLVED] Re: Customize MicroTiny?

Post by Bigge »

Tried to save and edit /assets/module_custom/MicroTiny/templates/tinymce_config.js, clean cache and reboot everything, but never succeded.
But with TinyMCE it is working fine!

Thank you.

ps. I have no "Edit" button on my post... How do I mark it [Solved] ?
Attachments
myPost.png

Return to “CMSMS Core”