Site is down

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
ep2002
Forum Members
Forum Members

Site is down

Post by ep2002 »

Help please.

For no reason at all, the site just went down & we can't figure out why. We didn't do any updates & I don't even know what version we were on b/c we can't get in to even take a look.

We found the version 2.0.1

Here's the error...

[04-Aug-2017 14:57:56 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Class 'GlobalContent' not found in

lib/classes/class.globalcontent.inc.php on line 280

My website coder says the file is there. He can see the class.

Thank you
Last edited by ep2002 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Site is down

Post by calguy1000 »

Your host probably changed things on you AND you are certainly running an old unsupported version of CMSMS.

a: Double check any and all paths and URL's in the config.php
b: remove all files from tmp/cache and tmp/templates_c

c: Plan to upgrade.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
ep2002
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by ep2002 »

calguy1000 wrote:Your host probably changed things on you AND you are certainly running an old unsupported version of CMSMS.

a: Double check any and all paths and URL's in the config.php
b: remove all files from tmp/cache and tmp/templates_c

c: Plan to upgrade.
Thanks BC

Unfortunately a & b didn't help, so now we need to upgrade.

Can you please tell us what specific folders & files we need to backup so we don't have to backup everything.

We have a lot of other folders that go to other things.

Much appreciated.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Backup everything. Period.

Without explicitly looking at your site and knowing what your application developers have done, nobody can know what is critical to your site and what isn't. Only you can.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.

Return to “CMSMS Core”