content block 'default' does not work

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
DavidJessurun

content block 'default' does not work

Post by DavidJessurun »

Hi all,

I have:
{content block=readMoreLink wysiwyg=false oneline='true' label='Text for the read more link' default='Lees meer ...'}

in the page template. The field appears just fine, the 'default' string does not.

Any ideas why this is / how to fix it?

(Version: 2.2-beta3)

Thanks!
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: content block 'default' does not work

Post by calguy1000 »

Works fine here.

Note: You may (or may not) be able to upgrade from 2.2-beta3 to 2.2.1 but please upgrade ASAP.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
DavidJessurun

Post by DavidJessurun »

Yeah, just saw. Will upgrade tonight. It's only my sandbox to evaluate 2.2 for adoption for customer work. If a hacker wants to get in there, all they'll find is a lot of stuff I'm testing.

Any ideas where I might look for the cause if upgrading doesn't fix it?
DavidJessurun

Post by DavidJessurun »

Sadly, 2.2.1 has the same problem.
DavidJessurun

Post by DavidJessurun »

Update:

I'm sorry, but I was just screwing around to see what happened so I wasn't methodical and I'm not sure what did it. But maybe this helps anyway: (Sorry, not a native speaker, so I hope I'm clear enough.)

For starters:
This is an install fresh from beta3, but the database and design were ported over from an older stable. Last one, I think.

The new template was made in beta3, and applied to existing pages.

Looking at the database; there simply was no field. Not null, not empty, simply not created. The cms connects with localhost/root and obv. full rights. (I know, bad. But... sandbox.) I did run the full rights song & dance on the database/root just in case this was MySQL being screwy. Obviously with no visible changes.

An instance where I had entered a value in the field after creating the page was stored properly.

The template with the non-functional 'default=' was connected to two designs, and for some reason was not available on creation of a page, until I disconnected it from the other design. This was new... so... maybe I simply screwed up something else.

I disconnected it from one design, and created a completely new page, and this is where I think the clue is (but you know the guy who made this so I may be wrong ;-) ) and presto magico; now the value shows up just fine.

I tried writing everything down. Hope this gives you a clue. :)
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

This is an install fresh from beta3, but the database and design were ported over from an older stable. Last one, I think.
To be clear: you install a beta 3 and after that overwrite the database with the export of an older cmsms install?
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Just tested again, on a different install.

The default=something argument DOES work as intended. It works for new pages only. An empty value is a valid value for existing content pages, and therefore the default value will not be displayed.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.

Return to “CMSMS Core”