Where are pages stored in the database?

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
newvision
Forum Members
Forum Members

Where are pages stored in the database?

Post by newvision »

I have a database that I am trying to retrieve content from a page. where is that stored in the database? For instance: I had a page on my website called articles that I had 87 snippets of articles on that page with links to the full articles. It would be great if I did nit have to recreate that page with all 87 articles and links. The original site was overwritten and all I have is the backup of the database. I have since moved the site to a different server but was not able to recreate that page. If I could open that content from the db, then I could copy and paste that content from that page to the new site.

I am using CMSMS version 1.11.10 on iPage
chandra

Re: Where are pages stored in the database?

Post by chandra »

You talk about articles ... so it seems possible these "snippets" come from a module (maybe News).
Rolf
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Rolf »

If you have a copy of the database, you can a word search through all tables to find the information you are looking for
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
newvision
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by newvision »

So, I have to do word search for each of the 87 articles?
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

No you don't. You want to know which table the articles are stored. If you find one, you have them all don't you?

You could look fot the 'articles' page too in the database. And find out how the 87 articles where retrieved (news, blog, li2, other)
newvision
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by newvision »

Yes, that would be great. But I do not see an articles page in the database. I actually don't see any pages in the database. If I attach the database, can you find it? Thanks.
paulbaker
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by paulbaker »

If you edited this content by going to Content > Pages in the admin area, look in table cms_content_props. Note you will see quotes are escaped like this so be careful when copying back in to a live site:

Code: Select all

<a href=\"{cms_selflink href=\'cms-made-simple\'}\">CMS Made Simple</a>
If you edited this content by some other way then the data will be in another table. Perhaps recall a unique word/wording used on the page and do a text search within your backup to find it. Restoring will then be harder and depend on whether the data is in a global content block or whatever.

I'm assuming your 87 linked-to articles are outside your CMSMS site, by the way.
To copy System Information to the forum:
https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/troubles ... nformation

CMS Made Simple Geekmoots attended:
Nottingham, UK 2012 | Ghent, Belgium 2015 | Leicester, UK 2016
newvision
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by newvision »

Thanks. I will look for them there.

Return to “CMSMS Core”