[Newbie] "Content" field has a fancy editor. But not always.

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
WaltWhitman

[Newbie] "Content" field has a fancy editor. But not always.

Post by WaltWhitman »

Hi,

I am pretty new on CMS, just installed it and now I am playing with it a little bit.

Is there a reason why when I edit pages (Edit Content), for some of the pages the "*Content" field has a fancy editor while on the others it's just a raw text field with no editor at all?
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: [Newbie] "Content" field has a fancy editor. But not alw

Post by velden »

I could be that in the specific page template the {content} tag has a parameter that disables wysiwyg. In that case you would not see wysiwyg editor on any page with that specific template.

It can also be disabled per page. Have a look at the Options tab of a page: "Disable WYSIWYG editor on this page (regardless of template or user settings):"-checkbox.
WaltWhitman

Post by WaltWhitman »

Actually the problem is showing in the demo site provided by the install, which I am using as it, without having made any changes.

WYSIWYG editor is enabled.

I found that a complete cache refresh and restart of Chrome clears the issue, until the next time. It seems that you have to clear Chrome's cache every now and then in order to have the WYSIWYG editor available on every page.

Some Javascript bug?
cb2004
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by cb2004 »

MicroTiny or the full blown TinyMCE module?

Seems related to:

http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/viewtopi ... =71002&f=7

Nothing confirmed from the dev team yet though.
WaltWhitman

Post by WaltWhitman »

Yes, it seems to be the same issue. I've found a workaround: clearing Chrome's cache and restarting the browser. But I have to do this on almost every page. Alternatively I have to do without the WYSIWYG.

I am starting to be a little bit bored, how do you guys cope with this? Is this bug about to being solved?

If not, do someone know about another simple CMS which actually works?
WaltWhitman

Post by WaltWhitman »

And by the way, it's MicroTiny. It's what comes preinstalled it seems. At least it' what I got.
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

I would expect a lot more complaints if this was a common problem for many users.

That said, latest version of cmsms (1.11.11) comes with some updates of tinymce. So it could be that not many of the sites are already upgraded to this latest version, or they are upgraded but users did not edit that much.
cb2004
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by cb2004 »

This seems to have an effect on MicroTiny (I dont use this but has been reported by OP) and TinyMCE so I it must be something that was introduced in the core. I experience it loads with TinyMCE on my versions of 1.11.11.
WaltWhitman

Post by WaltWhitman »

Thank you all. But how can I fix this? I mean, except installing the last version CMS from scratch I haven't done anything, so it's definitely not a configuration issue.

It makes the CMS pretty unusable. Hence my question: am I the only one to have this problem?
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

As I don't want you to walk away from CMSMS because of this (micro)tiny ;) issue I advise you to install 1.11.10. That version is still supported and does have an older version of tinymce.

Please report back if that solves your problem.
paulbaker
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by paulbaker »

WaltWhitman wrote:Thank you all. But how can I fix this?
Yeah like velden said, install 1.11.10 - I have quite a few sites on this version and none of the problems you describe. 1.11.11 is quite new and it's possible there is a problem. If there is a problem I know it will be fixed. But in the mean time don't let this bad start put you off CMSMS. 8)

Return to “CMSMS Core”