[solved] {process_pagedata} since 1.11 not working

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
NikNak
Forum Members
Forum Members

[solved] {process_pagedata} since 1.11 not working

Post by NikNak »

[EDIT - This issue is apparent only with the Advanced Content module in place (currently v0.9.4 beta)}

Hi all

Since cmsms 1.11 I havent managed to get {process_pagedata} to really do anything.

For example - in the backend in the field: Smarty data or logic that is specific to this page if I add:
{assign var="foo" value="bar"}

and put {process_pagedata} at the top of my template, the pagedata isn't processed and the {$foo} is not available to the template.

With the 1.11+ install, in the plugins folder, function.process_pagedata.php has now been replaced with content.process_pagedata.php - the contents of the new file being:
<?php // This is a stub file ?>
So perhaps this is why nothing happens now.

How do I get {process_pagedata} to work these days?

Many thanks
Nik
(running cmsms 1.11.2)
Last edited by NikNak on Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uniqu3

Re: {process_pagedata} since 1.11 not working

Post by uniqu3 »

Just had a quick test as you described in 1.11.2 added the assign to "Home" called it three times, on top of template right after process pagedata, inside head and inside body, as well as testing each individually.
$foo variable was available in each section and gave output of bar.
NikNak
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by NikNak »

Thanks Goran - could you possibly try one thing for me?

If you now change the value of that variable in the pagedata - is that updated variable available within the template? or is it stuck on the previous value?

If I put the same smarty within the metadata field - all works exactly as I expected it to. I'd just rather not use it for pagedata.

Many thanks
Nik
uniqu3

Post by uniqu3 »

As result i get updated value which is bar2.
NikNak
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by NikNak »

Dang!!

The issue only occurs when AdvancedContent is used. Funny how long these small issues can take to trace!

Thanks for your help again Goran

Regards
Nik

Return to “CMSMS Core”