406 Not Acceptable Error Page

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
PGlad

406 Not Acceptable Error Page

Post by PGlad »

Hello

I have just installed the latest version (1.10.3) using:
Apache version 2.2.19
PHP version 5.2.9
MySQL version 5.0.95-community
on Linux.

While browsing through the admin pages, for instance if I click on the 'edit' button in 'Layout - Stylesheets', and then click 'Cancel' after the page loads, I keep getting this:

"Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /cms/admin/editcss.php could not be found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

This happens in quite a lot of places within admin, even though I am not actually making any edits. Is this a bug in the software?
Dr.CSS

Re: 406 Not Acceptable Error Page

Post by Dr.CSS »

Very strange, you might want to look in system info page for any yellow ! or red X...
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Make sure mod_security is disabled on this host. CMSMS does not support mod_security (or at least the overly anal rules people tend to put into it).
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
PGlad

Post by PGlad »

calguy1000 wrote:Make sure mod_security is disabled on this host. CMSMS does not support mod_security (or at least the overly anal rules people tend to put into it).
Apparently my account was 'triggering a mod security rule' when I tried to make changes in admin. This has now been bypasssed and the site is working fine. Thanks for your help.
M@rtijn
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by M@rtijn »

So this one is solved?

Please add [solved] in front of the title of your first post in this topic, thank you!
Make your community a better place!

Return to “CMSMS Core”