Live editing and restricted user permissions

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
vfilby

Live editing and restricted user permissions

Post by vfilby »

Hi,

I have two questions for the moment.

1. Is all editing performed live? Is there a way around this, or is the preview button generally sufficient.

2. I want to have an admin who can change all the visual style and a user who can add and edit content. I see that I can give a user editing privileges but they don't seem to be able to add new things. Any easy way around this?

Thanks,

Vince
100rk

Re: Live editing and restricted user permissions

Post by 100rk »

ad 1) I don't understand what do You mean - preview is preview only - it makes no changes in database. But if Your page is cached, there is possibility clear cache after You will make (and save) any changes in content - You can to do this in 'Site preferences' section of admin.
ad 2) You can use different combinations of group privileges ('Template', 'CSS' and 'Content' related) - first of all try to study names of all group privileges for any group where are Your admin and editor users added (I think names of those permissions are self-explanatory). Second way is mark this user as additional editor for any content page - if group of this user have not permission 'Modify any content' of course.
Last edited by 100rk on Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “CMSMS Core”