editcontent.php: Resizing Content box?

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
Glenn

editcontent.php: Resizing Content box?

Post by Glenn »

I'm sorry to add a new topic, this is already started somewhere but I couldn't find it. The Content box isn't tall enough to be really effective when editing an article with photos and tables, etc.

Someone asked about resizing the text areas in the content editor and the reply was to use syntaxHighlight in admin/style.css. I did that but it only resizes the Head Tags box. Looking at the source code (from Firefox) of editcontent.php I see that the Content box has no style assigned:

Code: Select all

<textarea id="content_en" name="content_en" cols="80" rows="20">
...while the Head Tags filed does:

<textarea name="headtags" cols="80" rows="12" class="syntaxHighlight" id="headtags">
Yet in Content.inc.php I see this code:

$text .= '<tr><td>'.lang('content').':</td><td>'.create_textarea(true, $this->mProperties->GetValue('content_en'), 'content_en', 'syntaxHighlight', 'content_en', '', $stylesheet).'</td></tr>'."\n";

$text .= '<tr><td>'.lang('headtags').':</td><td>'.create_textarea(false, $this->mProperties->GetValue('headtags'), 'headtags', 'syntaxHighlight', 'headtags').'</td></tr>'."\n";
It looks like the content box SHOULD follow the stylesheet, but it doesn't. It would be easy enough to just manually change

rows="20"
to

rows="60"
or something, but I don't know where.

Return to “CMSMS Core”