Show menu on page that itself is not in menu?

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
tomphantoo
Forum Members
Forum Members

Show menu on page that itself is not in menu?

Post by tomphantoo »

I have various pages using the same template, which includes a {menu ....}. I want some of those pages not to be accessed via main navigation menus (instead - buttons, links etc), so I disabled the pages' respective 'show in menu' setting. But doing this seems to also prevent any menu being shown on those pages, hence no outward navigation.
The other pages with the same template work fine.
Am I missing something? Or is there a work-around?
I'm using 1.9.4.1.
peterbus

Re: Show menu on page that itself is not in menu?

Post by peterbus »

Hi,

What do you mean by "But doing this seems to also prevent any menu being shown on those pages" ?
tomphantoo
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by tomphantoo »

The page shows as expected, except for the navigation menu. The page-source has none of the relevant ul's li's etc. It's as if the {menu} tag were not there.
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

It sounds like you have a page that isn't shown in menu but it has children that you want shown on the side or something, if so you can make a menu call and use childrenof= parameter and even use smarty to make it only show the chidrenof= when on that particular page...
tomphantoo
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by tomphantoo »

[SOLVED]
My bad - poor design of my menu template.
Sorry to have wasted your time.

Return to “CMSMS Core”