Send to a friend

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
lennon
Forum Members
Forum Members

Send to a friend

Post by lennon »

I was wondering whether there is a function to have an "email this page to a friend" link on CMSMS?

A client has requested it at the 11th hour. I've had a look at the forum and dev area but cant see anything.

The current feedback form doesnt seem to be able to do this. Or am I wrong?

Any help appreciated...
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Send to a friend

Post by calguy1000 »

nobody has done that type of thing (to my knowledge) for cms yet.  sounds cool though.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
lennon
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by lennon »

I know that someone was developing it:

http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... 886.0.html

sagarkale did you have any joy?
cyberman

Post by cyberman »

lennon wrote: sagarkale
Last visit 28 November 2005, 04:34:07
jelle

Post by jelle »

This should not be too hard...
Sending an email with cms/phpmailer is easy.  Determining what page you are on should not be too hard if you put the code for 'alert friend to this page' in a customtag. Less then a day work, by my shoddy estimates... (double and round up to the next magnitude to get a safe estimate).
But please be aware that letting the (web)user define both the content and the recipient means you are opening a spam relay,
lemkepf
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by lemkepf »

Anyone do this yet?

Return to “CMSMS Core”