[Solved]How to print the wole page ?

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
seensite
Forum Members
Forum Members

[Solved]How to print the wole page ?

Post by seensite »

Hello,

I would like to print my website, including header, footer, navigation and images: www.exclusive-properties.ch. I am using CMSMS 1.4.1 with all standard modules, I tried to modify the Print stylesheet but it doesn't work. I guess it is quiet simple but I didn't find any clue in Forum to have a page entirely printed as it is displayed in the web browsers. Does anyone have an idea ?

Many thanks
Last edited by seensite on Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
The universe of information technology is constantly growing and contains only emerging products built on successive patches
Russ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: How to print the wole page ?

Post by Russ »

It's all in the print style sheet, which is used to override your normal style sheets for printing. Some browsers don't handle some things well when printing like 'floats', so these have been removed in the print style sheet. So it unlikely that your page will look exactly the same as on screen, indeed the screen and the paper are very different mediums.

But the question is why would you want it to? Why print out web site navigation or footers? Much better to create a good print style sheet, so people can print out something nice. The included print style sheet is only a basic one, for better layout when printing, you will have to write some CSS.
Last edited by Russ on Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seensite
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: How to print the wole page ?

Post by seensite »

Hello Russ,

Thanks for your answer
Russ wrote: But the question is why would you want it to? Why print out web site navigation or footers?
It is my customer wish... I find the print better without navigation and... too, but sometimes customers do have strange and strong ideas they will not change even if you explain them the advantages and the "why" of something. I guess I'll have to write a print css for this one.

Best regards
The universe of information technology is constantly growing and contains only emerging products built on successive patches

Return to “CMSMS Core”