Album problems

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
webguide
Forum Members
Forum Members

Album problems

Post by webguide »

I have problem with tumbnails and the photo album, the album does not seam to create tumbnails. A bit har to explain.
I have not done any global set ups or anything like that for the album, do I have to do something with templates?

What I want is the album to create tumbnails, that are shown when clicking the album menu at the site. The people that will upload images will do this "on the fly" i.e. they do not have time to edit the photos and make tumbnails of them.
webguide
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Album problems

Post by webguide »

Doesnt anyone have an answer?
Nullig
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Nullig »

Have you tried uploading the images through Image Manager?

Nullig
deepster

Post by deepster »

This could be a Directory permissions issue, if the directory to where you are uploading the photos to does not have write permission for the appropriate connection, CMS MS won't be able to create the thumbs there.

This happened to me when I created a sub-directory under the uploads/images dir. CMS MS did have permission to create the thumbnails in that new dir, so Album was referencing the full sized images ( except in it image browser which used HTML code to scale their display down).

As far as I know Album does not create the thumbnails, only CMS MS.

Have you tried using CMS MS's in built 'Image Manager' to browse to where the images are, see if it displays thumbs there, if so right them, view properties, and see if the name begins with 'thumb_'.

Return to “CMSMS Core”