editing before publishing

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
sep
Forum Members
Forum Members

editing before publishing

Post by sep »

after looking at loads of other cms's, came across this one and have to say it is very impressive... especially the ease with which you can build your own template / css combinations. Try doing that with any other system. For that reason alone it fits my client's requirements perfectly.

I have just one question... is it possible to set the permissions so that a user is able to edit or add content, and save it, without actually being able to make it live? The reason is that my client wants certain users to be able to contribute, but then wants to be able to review and correct the content before it actually appears on the site. Is this possible?

Many thanks and keep up the great work... I will definitely be recommending this cms to others!
Pierre M.

Re: editing before publishing

Post by Pierre M. »

Hello,

workflow/content approval isn't implemented yet (should be in v2.0, see the roadmap).

Meanwhile may be you (or your customers) can live with workarounds (wa) :
-wa1 : content creators don't check the "active" flag of new pages they add and their boss validates and switch the flag on. This wa only works for new pages, not for page updates.
-or wa2 : each customer has 2 CMSms installations, one public and another hidden. The content is prepared on the hidden and then validated/copied-pasted by the boss from admin console of the hidden site to admin console of the public site (may be without WYSIWYG content editor to actualy copy raw content).
-or your own wa... please share it here ;)

Pierre M.
sep
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: editing before publishing

Post by sep »

Thanks Pierre, I think we can certainly live with wa1, unticking the active flag when the content is created and leaving it to the administrator to make live. If 2.0 is going to appear later this year, then it's not a long wait.  :)

Return to “CMSMS Core”