Help ! Site blank after trying to create UDT

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
johnboyuk1
Forum Members
Forum Members

Help ! Site blank after trying to create UDT

Post by johnboyuk1 »

I tried to create a UDT .. assume there was some error in it as when I saved it the page went blank - and now I cant access the site at all, i just get blank white page whether looking at the front end or the admin area... help?!

Ive tried deleting the cache folders contents but that didnt work... where are the UDTs stored? Maybe i can edit manually...

Nothing new showing in web logs either when i try and load the sites, but here are the last entries for access/errors:

[Tue Jul 05 09:15:02 2022] [error] [client 31.53.112.96:0] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''\r' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE) in /home/sites/21b/e/ec69e75dd5/public_html/lib/classes/class.usertagoperations.inc.php(306) : eval()'d code on line 1\n'

[05/Jul/2022:09:14:53 +0100] "POST /admin/editusertag.php HTTP/1.1" 500 - "http://xyz-com/" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.1 Safari/605.1.15"
johnboyuk1
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Help ! Site blank after trying to create UDT

Post by johnboyuk1 »

ok - I actually managed to sort this by finding the UDT entry in the database through phpMyAdmin and deleting it

The brings about the question why this is happening though? If i make a mistake with a UDT surely it shouldnt bring the whole site down - I havent even called the UDT on any pages
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Help ! Site blank after trying to create UDT

Post by Jo Morg »

I suspect it may be something specific to your server PHP environment. I use UDTs all the time and, of course, make mistakes all the time. I work in many different server environments and never had the whole site down on account of an error on a UDT and not with one not being used in any page. Maybe some sort of firewall or something? Although I don't think it accounts for a site down, backend and frontend. I've seen ModSecurity break on UDT save on some occasions but never like that.
On a positive note, glad you found your way around it and recover it.
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!

Return to “CMSMS Core”