Warning: session_start()

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
andrewvideouk
Forum Members
Forum Members

Warning: session_start()

Post by andrewvideouk »

HI

The site I been working on been working great until today and I am getting this error

Code: Select all

Warning: session_start(): open(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php72/sess_f505432e8796cbf23bce5c17d3b991b0e, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/website/public_html/lib/misc.functions.php on line 1281

Warning: session_start(): Failed to read session data: files (path: /var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php72) in /home/sheffieldvoices/public_html/lib/misc.functions.php on line 1281
I am not sure. I looked on google and saying abuout PHP has been changed or something,
Can someone help and point the right way.

Thank you,
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Warning: session_start()

Post by DIGI3 »

Does the path /var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php72 exist, and is it writable? If not, define the correct path in your php.ini file or ask your host for help. (quick fix - in cPanel's php.ini editor, change the path from ...php72 to ...php74, or whatever version you're using minus the decimal)

Sometimes you can be using a newer PHP version but your config can be pointing to the sessions folder for an older version - and then the host cleans up that older version, removing said folder in the process.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
andrewvideouk
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Warning: session_start()

Post by andrewvideouk »

Hi thank you for your help.

Thats was a easy fix.

Return to “CMSMS Core”