Is this project still live

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
maetmar
Forum Members
Forum Members

Is this project still live

Post by maetmar »

Hi community,
I am using CMSMS since more than 10 years. It helped me in all my projects and there was nothing I could not do with CMSMS.
However, lately I started asking myself, if this is still the CMS for the future for me and my customers.
The last official version is from October last year, which is like ages in this industry. And many of the modules which I am using in almost all of my projects have not seen updates in more than a year and start to be marked as stale or "use with caution". I know this does not mean the code is bad or anything, but I fear that sooner or later I have to find some alternatives.

Would be happy to hear, what other users or the dev team is thinking about this and the future of this great project. And don´t get me wrong, I love CMSMS and would be more than happy to continue using it also the next 10 years.

thanks
Rolf
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Is this project still live

Post by Rolf »

Hello maetmar,
have you read this post of the dev team? It will give you more info.
https://www.cmsmadesimple.org/2021/03/S ... pdate-2021
Grtz. Rolf
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
maetmar
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by maetmar »

Hi Rolf,

yes, I read that - 5 month ago.
Would appreciate some updates anytime soon with timelines for the next major release. But I know, this is open source and for free, so I am not blaming anybody.
the thing is just, if I build sites for my customers today, I want to be sure that for the next maybe 3-4 years the system in general is ideally still supported with updates.

regards
maetmar
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

We don't have a timeline for the next major release, but that doesn't mean the project isn't supported. The current release is stable, and the Dev Team all uses it extensively for all of our clients. Forum posts, Slack questions, and hire-a-dev requests are all responded to promptly.

We did get knocked off track with our lead developer's departure, and our decision to discontinue the 2.3 branch. Work was then delayed by global and personal issues for various members of the team, but we all are still active and in communication daily. What resources we have had available have been directed to module forking for important-but-abandoned modules, which has been making steady progress.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
tristan
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by tristan »

+1 for Slack, welcome to request an account via https://www.cmsmadesimple.org/support/d ... ation/chat
andrewvideouk
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by andrewvideouk »

I hope its stay alive for a long time. Its better than wordpress part from lack of ready tempates and plugins. We need to find more developers. Those guys are doing a amzing job keeping CMSMS going. Unfortunarely they have to work for a living and cant work on this full time. I would love to see CMSMS take over wordpress. I would be lost without those guys who help me over the years. I hope I well meet the developers some day.

Return to “CMSMS Core”