Post Installation Topic is solved

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
domaindig

Post Installation

Post by domaindig »

Hi Folks,

I haven't used CMSMS before. Just installed v2.2.15 on a rented space using cPanel and Softaculous, which I am also not yet fully familiar with. The uname command, trying various parameters, simply tells me GNU/Linux or Linux without declaring the distro. PHP version is 7.3.

Nevertheless the installation seemed to go well. I logged in OK directly from Softaculous, had a look around, replaced a section of text with my own text and logged out again. Looking good. Coming back to it a few hours later, typing in the domain name brought up what appeared to be a configuration of the CMSMS site without any login facility.

So the first and obvious question is whether the login page is separate from the front page? A good thing if that is the case as I shall be the sole user as well as administrator. But what is the URL I should use?

Otherwise, what has gone wrong? Is this a known bug? Is it something as simple as changing the PHP version? The CP offers the option of 7.4 (default 7.3, which is where it is now) as well as various backwards versions.

Any help or guidance much appreciated, with thanks in anticipation.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Post Installation

Post by DIGI3 »

The login page is separate from the front page. The default path to it is yourdomain.xyz/admin and can be changed by renaming the admin folder and adding a config.php entry (see https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/configur ... _admin_dir )

I haven't used softalicious but I assume there's default credentials for you to use. Once logged in, you can change them under the My Preferences tab, and/or create new accounts under the User Management tab.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
domaindig

Re: Post Installation

Post by domaindig »

Made Simple indeed! It's intuitive, or would be had I thought of it. ::)

Thanks for the guidance, @DIGI3. Very much appreciated. I'll take a look just in case there is anything else then mark the thread as resolved.

Yes, straight in from the browser bar. Thanks again.
Last edited by domaindig on Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “CMSMS Core”