Edited Content Not Posting to Website

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
mhaac

Edited Content Not Posting to Website

Post by mhaac »

Need solution for problem: Under "Content" "Pages", I made some edits to a page then hit "Apply" and "Submit"

My changes appear in the "Edit Content" screen but did not update the live website - even when I restarted my computer or viewed the website from another device - no changes were made. How do I fix this. Need to update website.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Edited Content Not Posting to Website

Post by DIGI3 »

Usually this is a timezone issue - a mismatch in database/server timezones etc. This article may be helpful: https://cmscanbesimple.org/blog/server-time-difference

Edit: you didn't provide your version information or anything else useful, but if it's an old version you may also want to try clearing the cmsms cache.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
mhaac

Re: Edited Content Not Posting to Website

Post by mhaac »

Thanks, using very old version: CMS Made Simple 1.11.9 Bartolome.

Cleared the cache - still wouldn't update the live website

Weird because I successfully updated the website (using CMS Made Simple) on Tuesday.

Tried to make a few changes on Wednesday and nothing happens.
mhaac

RESOLVED: Edited Content Not Posting to Website

Post by mhaac »

Ok, turns out we have the same content on two different pages.

Edited content was/is uploading to one page but not the home page - uploaded edits to home page and voila problem solved.

Thanks!

Return to “CMSMS Core”