Unknown tag 'menu'

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
pixibug

Unknown tag 'menu'

Post by pixibug »

Hi,
I get some issue with a website built with CMS Made Simple. This error comes from nowhere because the website worked well 7 days ago and crashes now for no reason (no update nor new entries into database)

Here's the log page : (xxxx are structure directories)

ERROR: at line 702 in file /home/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php:

Syntax Error in template "globalcontent:footer" on line 23 "{menu template="foundation" excludeprefix='accueil,documentations,devis'}" unknown tag "menu"

FullTrace

Code: Select all

#0 /home/caioefzd/rainbow/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php(488): Smarty_Internal_TemplateCompilerBase->trigger_template_error('unknown tag "me...', 23)
#1 /home/caioefzd/rainbow/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templateparser.php(2388): Smarty_Internal_TemplateCompilerBase->compileTag('menu', Array)
#2 /home/caioefzd/rainbow/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templateparser.php(3101): Smarty_Internal_Templateparser->yy_r36()
#3 /home/caioefzd/rainbow/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templateparser.php(3201): Smarty_Internal_Templateparser->yy_reduce(36)
#4 /home/caioefzd/rainbow/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_smartytemplatecompiler.php(105): Smarty_Internal_Templateparser->doParse(10, '\n              ...')
#5 /home/caioefzd/rainbow/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php(192): Smarty_Internal_SmartyTemplateCompiler->doCompile('{strip}<footer ...')
#6 /home/caioefzd/rainbow/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(187): Smarty_Internal_TemplateCompilerBase->compileTemplate(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))
#7 /home/caioefzd/rainbow/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(155): Smarty_Internal_Template->compileTemplateSource()
#8 /home/caioefzd/rainbow/lib/classes/class.Smarty_CMS.php(323): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('globalcontent:f...', 'p15', NULL, Object(Smarty_CMS), false, false, false)
#9 /home/caioefzd/rainbow/plugins/function.global_content.php(23): Smarty_CMS->fetch('globalcontent:f...')
#10 /home/caioefzd/rainbow/tmp/templates_c/ad83cfdd496e0d74150f5e8179bf0ea1e88e3ac2.tpl_body.24.php(114): smarty_function_global_content(Array, Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))
#11 /home/caioefzd/rainbow/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(180): content_5c10017a948840_58785142(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))
#12 /home/caioefzd/rainbow/lib/classes/class.Smarty_CMS.php(323): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('tpl_body:24', 'p15', NULL, Object(Smarty_CMS), false, false, false)
#13 /home/caioefzd/rainbow/index.php(239): Smarty_CMS->fetch('tpl_body:24')
#14 {main}
I checked the database and comment the 'menu' tag in the global content header, but this issue is still here.

Thanks for you help.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Unknown tag 'menu'

Post by DIGI3 »

Something changed. What version of CMSMS are you using, and what version of PHP is installed?
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
pixibug

Post by pixibug »

Hi Digi3,
CMSMS version : 1.11.7
PHP version : 7.0

Thanks.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

I would guess one of these things happened:
-Your host upgraded PHP. Many are doing this as 5.6 is at end of life in a few weeks.
-A file was removed by the host's antivirus. You may be able to find out which by using the checksum (ideally one you created on install/upgrade, but the standard 1.11.7 one if not)

Also I would be remiss if I didn't strongly encourage you to upgrade. You may find that just going to 1.12.2 will fix things, then you can look into going to 2.x. Make backups, follow the steps on the docs site.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
pixibug

Post by pixibug »

Thanks for these tips !
I would update this post if I can get the site up and running again
pixibug

Post by pixibug »

Hi,
I upgraded to 1.12.1. Still the same issue.
But, i succeeded it out by uninstalling et re-installing modules which thrown the smarty errors (menu / news / search)
I don"t know why (technically), but the website is up again.

Issue Closed.
Thanks.

Return to “CMSMS Core”