[fixed?] Admin section headers not appearing

A place to discuss issues related to CMSMS 1.11 beta versions. This forum will be heavily moderated.
SanderDuif

[fixed?] Admin section headers not appearing

Post by SanderDuif »

I'm not really sure if this is the right forum for this, but it seems to be something that has changed in 1.11. I couldn't find this documented in the change log or discussed in any of the other topics.

With the new default theme it seems the different admin section headers (content, extensions) are not appearing even if the user, for example, has access to the News module.

If I create a new user group which has access to only the News module (Approve News For Frontend Display, Modify News) then clear cache and log in as that user the "Content" section which contains the link to the News module does not appear. (See attached screencap #1)

However, as soon as I add the "Modify Any Page" permission to the user the section header appears (See screencap #2).

The same happens for other modules and the "extensions" section header for example, it does not appear until the user is given the "Modify modules" permission.

Mayby this an intended change? I just tested this on a 1.10 install where a user with only the News module permissions could still see the content section header.
Attachments
theme_2.jpg
theme_1.jpg
Rolf
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Admin section headers not appearing

Post by Rolf »

SanderDuif wrote:If I create a new user group which has access to only the News module (Approve News For Frontend Display, Modify News) then clear cache and log in as that user the "Content" section which contains the link to the News module does not appear. (See attached screencap #1)
Confirmed in SVN rev. 8196
SanderDuif wrote:However, as soon as I add the "Modify Any Page" permission to the user the section header appears (See screencap #2).
Confirmed in SVN rev. 8196
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: [confirmed] Admin section headers not appearing

Post by calguy1000 »

Fixed in svn.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
Rolf
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: [confirmed] Admin section headers not appearing

Post by Rolf »

confirmed fixed in SVN rev. 8198
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE

Return to “[locked] CMSMS 1.11 Beta”