User with Modify News permission can modify all of the news?

The members of the Dev team will place issues here that they consider to be solved.
Ecliptic

User with Modify News permission can modify all of the news?

Post by Ecliptic »

Hi,

our company is looking for an easy CMS system. We like the CMSMS beta, but there is one thing - is the fact, that a user with "Modify News" permission is able to change any news (all of them, not just those he created), intended, or is it a bug?

We need to divide our news in two categories - company news, and our supplier news. When a supplier adds a news article, the administrator has to approve it. And the suppliers should have the ability to change their news ONLY. Also it would be nice, if the changed news must be approved by an administrator again.

calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: User with Modify News permission can modify all of the n

Post by calguy1000 »

1. This question has been asked and answered numerous times before. News is not a multi-user system with content approval. There is no intention of making it that way. Infact, the frontend editing stuff that is currently in news is slated for removal.

2: Beta channel is not a place to ask for features... we announced when we started the beta that we would not entertain improvement requests in the beta.

Please do your research and read the appropriate instructions BEFORE posting.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
Ecliptic

Re: User with Modify News permission can modify all of the n

Post by Ecliptic »

Sorry .. I thought it was a bug - i have experiences with some commercial CMS, and a friend recommended me this CMS, because we can save a fair amount of money. Well, I guess he was wrong :)

Thanks anyway.

Return to “Closed Issues”