[fixed] search doesn't find numeric values

The members of the Dev team will place issues here that they consider to be solved.
dwave
Forum Members
Forum Members

[fixed] search doesn't find numeric values

Post by dwave »

Steps to reproduce:

1. Put numeric value 1234567890 on any page that has the option "This page is searchable" enabled and does not contain the statement <!-- pageAttribute: NotSearchable --> in its template
2. Reindex
3. Search for 1234567890
JeremyBASS

Re: search doesn't find numeric values

Post by JeremyBASS »

hello,
I just tested this by putting

<!-- pageAttribute: NotSearchable -->
test

in the content area, reindex and then search for test. As expected it didn’t show up. Take out the <!-- pageAttribute: NotSearchable --> and then reindex and the page shows up.

Can you please clearly explain how and where you produced it. A screen cate to show would be good.

Cheers -Jeremy

*********EDIT
Ok read your post wrong :D but, Quick test and 1234567890 is not searchable with or without the comment tag. that goes for any numbers ie: 18886759874 but for meaning full numbers ie 1-888-675-9874 why would you search for that? if you’re looking for a number then you wouldn't know it :D .. so I can't even think of a reason to search for a number by its self. I'd believe this issue would not be one to do something about.
dwave
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by dwave »

1-888-675-9874 why would you search for that? if you’re looking for a number then you wouldn't know it :D .. so I can't even think of a reason to search for a number by its self. I'd believe this issue would not be one to do something about.
Hi Jeremy,
there is even an open ticket in the bug tracker for the search module. So apparently users want that. Anyway, why should numeric values be excluded at all? What about searches for serial numbers?
JeremyBASS

Post by JeremyBASS »

I didn't see a br on this, so I was just testing and confirming. May-be a good option would be to prove an option but this wouldn't make it in to 1.10 as it's a feature request in the beta round and would need to be all agreed on.

I would vote yes as I agree that there are time like serial numbers would be needed, thou few and far between it's there and real.

Cheers -Jeremy
Rolf
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: [confirmed] search doesn't find numeric values

Post by Rolf »

confirmed in latest svn
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
Rolf