Status of the Beta

A place to report and discuss issues with the CMSMS 1.10 beta.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Status of the Beta

Post by calguy1000 »

Just an FYI as to what the schedule is, and our priorities.

We aimed for a 30 day beta.. but that didn't quite work out... mostly due to our schedules... Life has kinda gotten in the way and delayed our volunteer work on CMSMS. We have learned that that is often a fact of life in the summer and early autumn.

This includes me, I haven't had a lot of time to search through my modules to ensure that they are compatible with 1.10. I've tested a few (like FEU, CGFeedback, CompanyDirectory and Products) but by no means all of them.

Anyways, from all reports the beta itself seems to be doing well... there are relatively few issues left... and of those most are minor. We may not 'fix' absolutely every little issue. For example, things like duplicate warning messages in some circumstances, and warnings from IE when using an SSL admin directory are kinda low priority. (Who cares if the page uses HTTP for images and javascripts but the content is in HTTPS). So I think we're going to aim for release on the 22nd of October 2011 (that's the closest saturday).

That will give module authors a better chance to update and test their modules (I hope I get all mine done)... and give everybody something to go by.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.

Return to “[locked] CMSMS 1.10 Beta”