Textile

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
nils73
Power Poster
Power Poster

Textile

Post by nils73 »

Has anybody tried to integrate Textile by Dean Allen (maker of Textpattern) into CMSMS?

While I was working with CMSMS for the last few days I found it hard to get a standard compliant webpage up and running by using TinyMCE or even xStandard-Editor. Both work great, but they mess with special characters and obviously they delete them instead of converting them to HTML-entities. That is really sad. But that was OT and has nothing to do with Textile which I just like to use because it allows quick and easy writing, especially in the news module.
dfritschy

Re: Textile

Post by dfritschy »

...or even xStandard-Editor. Both work great, but they mess with special characters and obviously they delete them instead of converting them to HTML-entities
I have notfied the makers if XStandard of this problem and it should be solved in the near future. You should also make sure to use UTF-8 encoding throughout.
nils73
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by nils73 »

dfritschy,

thanks for notifying the developers of XStandard of this problem. I can not stick to UTF-8 in some cases. I would have done so, if it was possible. But some user agents to not display utf-8 correctly.
vioos

Post by vioos »

hi,
i also think that this feature would be very great.
here is a link: http://textism.com/tools/textile/index.html
phow4rd

Post by phow4rd »

I've only been testing CMSMS for a few days, but I'd like to cast my vote for a Textile module, too. (Markdown would also be great!)
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

I would definatly love this...  If anyone is interested in taking it on, I would gladly give some guidance into how I think it would work pretty efficiently.
vioos

Post by vioos »

how do you think to do it?

i am very new to cmsms but i think about three methods:
1. a smarty-block-plugin:
{textile}
h1. this is the header

and i am the paragraph
{/textile}
pro: very dynamic just allow it on special places
con: tryed it. but had problems to include the class inside this smarty plugin
2. a smarty-outputfilter
pro: you don't need to change the code, so you can change the textile-markup very easy
con: don't know how. but i think this would be the best smarty solution.
3. as "WYSIWYG"-Editor
direct conversion of the textile-markup to html.
con: you can't edit the textile-markup because you only have the output-html

i would maybe do it if it doesnt need to much time to write because i have my intermediate examination in a few weeks....
vioos

Post by vioos »

wishy: how should i do it now?
what are your ideas?
nils73
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by nils73 »

Yesterday I stumbled upon a thread about Markdown where it was used as a modifier ... should work with Textile as well.

Regards
Nils

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”