News Module - a few requests

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
IGx89

News Module - a few requests

Post by IGx89 »

Since the news module is currently being rewritten, I figured I might as well list a few suggestions/bugfixes and maybe you'll have time to include them:
  • In function GetDisplayRSSTemplate(), there's a line break at the beginning of the return text. That line break completely breaks RSSReader, SharpReader, and FeedValidator, since they require the first line of a rss feed to be {$entry->category}" inside the element.
  • You are not capitalizing the element correctly; it should be (the D should be capitalized).
  • Is it possible to serve the feed page as "application/rss+xml" instead of "text/html"?
Last edited by IGx89 on Wed May 11, 2005 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: News Module - a few requests

Post by Ted »

All valid requests.  I'll make sure that they're all there when I rewrite the RSS stuff.
pinthenet

Post by pinthenet »

AAgh
just installed the latest daily (about 30 minutes ago) and the news template part isn't there any more.... Will my changes still be in the DB? It's only a test installation but I was so proud of my setup.

I see (some of) the new features now - summary etc - looks good

John
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Right now I have the templates still in file form.  I was going to move them to the database, but I'm almost wondering if they should stay in file form so that we can easily support to multiple template idea that discussed in another thread.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”