formbuilder error 500

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
methusltd

formbuilder error 500

Post by methusltd »

Good day I am trying to edit my contact form and every time i try editing it bring up

This page isn’t working right now xxxxxx.com.au can't currently handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

Please assist on how best i can fix the issue
oakstreet
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: formbuilder error 500

Post by oakstreet »

I noticed when I downgraded one version my error 500 went away. Try uninstalling and removing the latest version of formbuilder and reinstalling to the one just before.
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

Be aware that uninstalling a module will also remove all its data (the forms in this case).
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Please make sure to include your CMSMS version, module version, and PHP version at the very least - it greatly helps us in troubleshooting. Also be sure to check your PHP error logs, the answer is often found there.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
bergt

Post by bergt »

Hi all,
I am getting this too with FormBuilder 1.2 and CMSMS 2.2.16 and also after upgrade to 2.2.18.

I went back to FormBuilder v 1.1.1 by doing the following:
1. backing up the site database and files.
2. download 1.1.1 from the CMS forge. http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/project/files/69
3. extract the 1.1.1 installation over the FormBuilder folder in the modules directory.
4. in the database, cms_modules table, manually changed the FormBuilder version back to 1.1.1

I can now edit all my forms again.

PHP details/logs if any help...
PHP 7.4.something.

[12-Sep-2023 15:04:30 Pacific/Auckland] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught CmsError404Exception: Module action not found in C:\inetpub\www\website\lib\classes\class.CMSModule.php:1395
Stack trace:
#0 C:\inetpub\www\website\modules\FormBuilder\FormBuilder.module.php(210): CMSModule->DoAction('admin_add_edit_...', 'm1_', Array, '')
#1 C:\inetpub\www\website\lib\classes\class.CMSModule.php(1479): FormBuilder->DoAction('admin_add_edit_...', 'm1_', Array, '')
#2 C:\inetpub\www\website\admin\moduleinterface.php(74): CMSModule->DoActionBase('admin_add_edit_...', 'm1_', Array, '', Object(Smarty_CMS))
#3 {main}
thrown in C:\inetpub\www\website\lib\classes\class.CMSModule.php on line 1395
[12-Sep-2023 15:05:54 Pacific/Auckland] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in C:\inetpub\www\website\lib\classes\class.group.inc.php on line 192
[12-Sep-2023 15:05:54 Pacific/Auckland] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\inetpub\www\website\lib\classes\class.ContentBase.php on line 2134
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Jo Morg »

Ok, so there seems to be a bug in either the xml file generator I'm using or the core (less likely but possible) xml install handler. In this case uploading the tar.gz archive downloaded from the forge should help. This will be fixed soon.
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”