ReviewManager Support Page (CGFeedback fork)

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
chrisbt
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

ReviewManager Support Page (CGFeedback fork)

Post by chrisbt »

Hi All, Announcing the release of the ReviewManager module. This is a fork of the CGFeedback Module, upgraded to work with PHP8, CMSMSExt module and a few new features.

If you have any questions or feedback please add them here, to the modules page in the forge or ask on the Slack CMS Made Simple channel.
http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/projects/ReviewManager

A huge thanks to Magello who has done most of the hard work to get this module from 'a good idea' to a released module.
rAlex
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: ReviewManager Support Page (CGFeedback fork)

Post by rAlex »

I really like this module.
Is there any instruction to embed in the News module? I can't do it, writes a "security" error or redirects to an empty page when clicking the "send" button.
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

First guess: ModSecurity on your server is preventing this. Try disabling it or add an exception
rAlex
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by rAlex »

Does not add a comment. I press the "Send" button, sends it to the general page of the news module. It doesn't show any error.
Could it be because of the included pretty url and canonical url?
chrisbt
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by chrisbt »

There seems to be an issue with the form when it is called from within another template. If possible could you send me the template you are using, that includes the ReviewManager tag. Ideally could you add it to the Bug Tracker page for the module: http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/bug/list/1460
As a short term fix you could put the ReviewManager tag after the News tag.
Thanks Chris
rAlex
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by rAlex »

Detailed news template attached here http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/bug/view/12599

After the {News} tag, it displays only when showing all the news, that is, a summary. And I only need detailed news.
Last edited by velden on Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed url
magallo
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by magallo »

Hi all, a new fix for this reported bug is about to be released. Will fix the problem with review submission within other modules like LISE or NEWS...
master3395
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by master3395 »

When trying to install this module, i get errors
Request to module repository resulted in status 400

Related to:
http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/bug/view/12604

I had these tables deleted, not sure if they would impact in any way, but they were left after cgfeedback was uninstalled a while back.

DROP TABLE `cms_module_cgfeedback_comments`, `cms_module_cgfeedback_fielddefs`, `cms_module_cgfeedback_fieldvals`;
Skjermbilde_2023-03-05_180614.jpg
Skjermbilde_2023-03-05_180625.jpg
Skjermbilde_2023-03-05_180734.jpg
Php log:

Code: Select all

2023-03-06 19:40:32.150769 [NOTICE] [175813] [0#newstargeted.com] [STDERR] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught CmsDataNotFoundException: Could not find template type identified by ReviewManager::Comment Form in /home/newstargeted.com/public_html/lib/classes/class.CmsLayoutTemplateType.php:679
Stack trace:
#0 /home/newstargeted.com/public_html/modules/ReviewManager/lib/class.utils.php(69): CmsLayoutTemplateType::load()
#1 /home/newstargeted.com/public_html/modules/ReviewManager/method.install.php(73): ReviewManager\utils::create_template_type()
#2 /home/newstargeted.com/public_html/lib/classes/class.CMSModule.php(994): include('/home/newstarge...')
#3 /home/newstargeted.com/public_html/lib/classes/class.moduleoperations.inc.php(470): CMSModule->Install()
#4 /home/newstargeted.com/public_html/lib/classes/class.moduleoperations.inc.php(536): ModuleOperations->_install_module()
#5 /home/newstargeted.com/public_html/modules/ModuleManager/action.local_install.php(13): ModuleOperations->InstallModule()
#6 /home/newstargeted.com/public_html/lib/classes/class.CMSModule.php(1403): include('/home/newstarge...')
#7 /home in /home/newstargeted.com/public_html/lib/classes/class.CmsLayoutTemplateType.php on line 679
2023-03-06 19:40:33.686082 [NOTICE] [175815] [162.158.221.91:29918#newstargeted.com] [STDERR] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught CmsDataNotFoundException: Could not find template type identified by ReviewManager::Comment Form in /home/newstargeted.com/public_html/lib/classes/class.CmsLayoutTemplateType.php:679
Stack trace:
#0 /home/newstargeted.com/public_html/modules/ReviewManager/lib/class.utils.php(69): CmsLayoutTemplateType::load()
#1 /home/newstargeted.com/public_html/modules/ReviewManager/method.install.php(73): ReviewManager\utils::create_template_type()
#2 /home/newstargeted.com/public_html/lib/classes/class.CMSModule.php(994): include('/home/newstarge...')
#3 /home/newstargeted.com/public_html/lib/classes/class.moduleoperations.inc.php(470): CMSModule->Install()
#4 /home/newstargeted.com/public_html/lib/classes/class.moduleoperations.inc.php(536): ModuleOperations->_install_module()
#5 /home/newstargeted.com/public_html/modules/ModuleManager/action.local_install.php(13): ModuleOperations->InstallModule()
#6 /home/newstargeted.com/public_html/lib/classes/class.CMSModule.php(1403): include('/home/newstarge...')
#7 /home in /home/newstargeted.com/public_html/lib/classes/class.CmsLayoutTemplateType.php on line 679
magallo
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by magallo »

Hi, i tried installing the module on a clean cmsms 2.2.16 and had no troubles at all. The error reported is related to a problem during the creation of the defaul layout templates. RM installs these::
Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 22.49.51.png
See if these templates are already created in your design manager and remove them manually. Then try installing again.
master3395
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by master3395 »

magallo wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:55 pm Hi, i tried installing the module on a clean cmsms 2.2.16 and had no troubles at all. The error reported is related to a problem during the creation of the defaul layout templates. RM installs these::

Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 22.49.51.png

See if these templates are already created in your design manager and remove them manually. Then try installing again.
I tried looking for it, but I don't have it under defaults or in any of the design tabs at all.
1.png
Skjermbilde 2023-03-28 005601.jpg
Skjermbilde 2023-03-28 010244.jpg

Code: Select all

2023-03-28 01:00:32.204416 [NOTICE] [934429] [IP#newstargeted.com] [STDERR] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught CmsDataNotFoundException: Could not find template type identified by ReviewManager::Comment Form in /home/newstargeted.com/public_html/lib/classes/class.CmsLayoutTemplateType.php:679
Stack trace:
master3395
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by master3395 »

I got help from Magal, the issue was found here:
The "AUTO_INCREMENT" was not turned on for some reason.
Skjermbilde 2023-04-05 173317.jpg

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”