Help Getting Started With FormBuilder Topic is solved

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
extremefightworld

Help Getting Started With FormBuilder

Post by extremefightworld »

Hello,

I'm pretty new to the CMS MS system and have been getting a ton of help lately from Matt @ EasyThemes. I would like to add a form to my site and have been playing with FormBulder. I cannot seem to find any documentation or How-To articles on this. I have seem to have built a form and when I copy the code from the Template tab and paste it to one of my content page nothing appears. I'm sorry if I'm sounding stupid but with no documentation I'm lost on trying to get the form to show up on a content page. Any tips in the matter would greatly be appreciated or links to a how-to/documentation. I'm willing to read and learn but after searching I find posts that are having issues with existing forms. Thank you in advance and my apologies if I'm coming off stupid.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Help Getting Started With FormBuilder

Post by DIGI3 »

Don't copy the template into your code, just use the tag that's on the main FormBuilder overview page. It should look something like {FormBuilder form='myform'}
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
extremefightworld

Would the 'myform' in {FormBuilder form='myform'} be whatever is in the field CSS Class for this form: on the Main tab of the form you're building?

Sorry I see it now, one more follow up question, the form isn't really visable on the site now due to the style sheet. Do I edit the formbuilder style sheet in design manager or should I look through my theme's style sheet and set it in there?
Last edited by extremefightworld on Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

If you add the formbuilder stylesheet to your design (drag or assign in Design Manager) it should utilize it. Or you can just use it as a reference to style the form yourself in your theme's stylesheets.
extremefightworld

So I've done some of the form styles in my main theme's CSS file but it hasn't changed anything on the form. Do I need to call it in the FormBuilder Form Template?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

You'll need to look at the id's and classes that the form is using and make sure you're targeting them correctly. Your browser's inspector tool is helpful for this.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”