forms are not submitted Topic is solved

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
babel
Forum Members
Forum Members

forms are not submitted

Post by babel »

It seems that since updating to cms made simple 2.2.16 forms are after submission not received by the website-owner. As all the forms on the website have this problem, I presume it has to do with the latest version.
I'm using Formbuilder 1.1.1.
Does anyone know what is wrong?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: forms are not submitted

Post by DIGI3 »

I don't think anything changed with mailing in 2.2.16, but depending on what version you upgraded from something could have changed. You'll need to do some diagnostics to see if it's just your client unable to receive them, or if no mail is going out at all. FormBuilder uses the system email settings (Site Admin > Settings - Global Settings > Mail Settings) so you can send a test message from there. You also have multiple options for mailers, so you can experiment with those.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
babel
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by babel »

DIGI13, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I can't find what's wrong. If I send a testmail in mailsetting, all seems to work. Going back to a older version of cms madesimple or formbuilder is not possible, unless I throw the newest version away. I had this problem years ago. It costed me the client. Hope history won't repeat itself. Maybe there is somewhere a bug that someone discovers.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

If you create a simple new formbuilder form and put your own email address in, does it work then?
If that works, try adding your email address to the problem form and see if you get the results even when your client doesn't.

If you get them but the client doesn't, and the client's email address is on the same domain as the website, I'd suspect a routing issue on the server (often when it's the same domain, the setting for external email routing isn't correct - check with your host if you're not sure). Use your server's routing and tracing diagnostics to see where it's failing. Also make sure to check your php error log if it's not even getting to the email handler.

Lastly, you can try changing the method for sending emails. Using an smtp server is often the easiest way to get around any routing issues on your server.
babel
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by babel »

Thanks again DIGI13, I tried your suggestions but there was no hurray-moment. One of my mailadres does receive the formmessage, the other not. Does this main that there is a hosting issue?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

It depends what the reason for them not receiving it is. It's outside of the scope of CMSMS though, it would either send or not send, it wouldn't be selective per recipient. It's either routing (especially if it's the same domain as the server), getting rejected/bounced (check your server's generic inbox to verify that) or, the most likely culprit, it's sitting in your client's spam folder.
babel
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by babel »

I'll contact the hosting. Thanks again.
babel
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by babel »

The problem has nothing to do with cms made simple. It was an issue with different hosting. It's solved.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”