MAMS Registration problem

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
jakovbak
Forum Members
Forum Members

MAMS Registration problem

Post by jakovbak »

Hello folks!
I'm testing MAMS and MAMS Registration for a new website I'm working on. While adding a user manually in MAMS works perfectly (sign-in and sign out work without a single problem), efforts to add a new user via MAMS Registration form were rejected with message
You cannot register to become a member of this user group
The group mentioned is actually the only group created for testing purposes and that one manually added user is also a member of the same group.
So, after checking and rechecking multiple times every single line in MAMS and MAMS Registration Help, I still can't figure out what is wrong with self-registration... Am I seriously missing something? Does someone out there have an idea how to solve this issue or where to start?
Have a nice rest of the day and best regards to y'all!
jakovbak
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: MAMS Registration problem

Post by Jo Morg »

I just tested on a site and it's working fine. I'm guessing that you may be missing something in the registration form tag which should be something like:

Code: Select all

{MAMSRegistration group=mygroupname}
Can you post it here?
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!
jakovbak
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by jakovbak »

Hello Jo!
Here it is...

{MAMSRegistration group="RegistriraniKorisnik"}
Maybe the quotes causing the problem? While I'm waiting on your answer I'll try it without them.

P.S. No, not the quotes. ???
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Any chance you have the group selected under "Absolutely forbid users to register to these groups" ?
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
jakovbak
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by jakovbak »

Holy crap! Yes but hasve no clue how this group ended uip on this list??? And I can't delete it from there! I'll create another group and get back to you with results.
Thanks so much Jo!
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

You don't need to delete it, all groups will be listed there. Just make sure it's not selected (ctrl-click if it's highlighted).
jakovbak
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by jakovbak »

This is how it looks right now. Is it that what you meant?
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-10-07 at 21.14.45.png
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Nothing is selected there, so that's not your problem. Was just a guess.
jakovbak
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by jakovbak »

Guess ctrl+click did the trick! ;D Now, the second issue came up... See attachment. I've checked preferences again and couldn't find any control over image mentioned. No Captcha was activated on reg form... HTML source shows

<p class="col-sm-3 text-right" style="color: blue;">&nbsp;</p>
below green text but no image there. Any thoughts?
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-10-07 at 21.38.16.png
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

If you don't want to use a captcha I think you just need to add nocaptcha=1 to the module tag, or use cms_module_hint to set nocaptcha=1 for mamsreg. If you DO want to use a captcha, make sure you've installed and configured the Captcha module.
jakovbak
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by jakovbak »

Hello DIGI3!
Captcha is installed and used for webmail form and it's working like a charm. The problem is, I can't find any mention of Captcha except that parameter you mentioned. Well, for the start I think I'll set it to "nocaptcha", at least while I'm testing the regform and hopefully we'll sort this out at some point.
Thank you for your answer and I'll be back with an update soon.
Have a nice evening!
jakovbak
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by jakovbak »

UPDATE!
Ok, here we are...
Using nocaptcha=1 parameter to avoid missing image and it's error makes registration works. New user appears in users list. However, registration is still pending because it takes mail verification step to complete the process. But no mail is arriving!
It's possible to manually push newly created user to MAMS without completing verification but I'd rather go for completing process. Sending confirmation mail to users and dedicated root mail address is working on webmail forms so I doubt it has anything to do with Sendmail prefs.

RECAP:
- it's not clear how to deal with Captcha on MAMS Registration module except how to turn it off;
- verification mails are not being sent while other automated mails from the website are;
- even thou "Require the user to confirm registration via email" is set to NO, new user is still under "Incomplete Registrations" tab;
- it's also confusing when in MAMS Registration Help "FrontEndUsers Module" is mentioned - I believe it's MAMS Module we're talking about but at first sight it's misleading. Or not?

Maybe there is more to it but this is the point where I am right now. If we sort this out I'll write some kind of "How to..." document on setting up MAMS Registration Module, properly and smoothly. But there are still plenty of things to take care of. Any ideas or suggestions are more than welcome in solving this topic.

Thank you in advance and have a nice Friday y'all!
jakovbak
jakovbak
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by jakovbak »

Now, so many strange behaviours with MAMS Registration module forced me to uninstall it and then install it again. And now it works! Not sure what happened actually but I won't complain any further. So let's close this topic and call it a day...
Best regards to y'all and have a great weekend!
jakovbak
jakovbak
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by jakovbak »

Hello again everyone!

Sorry for bothering you again with this but I have a new moment with MAMS Registration that I need to solve and I could sure as hell use some help...
I have learned how to set up the module to work - it's sending e-mails with verification code and link for confirming registration. Using that link and entering the password works smoothly and it completes the registration process. However, users remain in MAMS Registration module and so far I found out the only way to push them to MAMS (Member Area module) is manually.

Shouldn't there be a way to automate this task once new user completes registration process by entering the username, password and verification code into Verify Registration Form?

The next issue is this: If I push new user to MAMS Member Area, once I try to log-in with user's credentials I get this:
Login failed. This probably means that you entered an invalid username or password. But your account may have also expired or been disabled by an administrator. Please double check your login credentials, and if they are correct you may need to contact the site administrator.
Now, I have discovered that my only user's group (also a default group to new users) was not assigned to any of the new users created for testing purposes. MAMS Registration tag looks like this

{MAMSRegistration nocaptcha="1" group=RegistriraniKorisnik}
Tried to play with quotas bit no luck...

I would probably have more to ask once I dig myself deeper into protected content but for now, this is more important.
But it doesn't need to be solved right away, so, enjoy the weekend and have my best regards! ;D

jakovbak
Last edited by jakovbak on Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

In the mamsregistration prefs there's one labelled "-- Missing Languagestring: prompt_autocreatemams --:", This is meant to be "Automatically create users in the MAMS module", make sure that's set to "Yes".

I'm not sure if it's broken or just the missing language string, so if setting it to Yes doesn't work maybe file a bug report.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”