SitemapMgr query

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
markS
Forum Members
Forum Members

SitemapMgr query

Post by markS »

I'd really like to be able to use SitemapMgr to generate sitemaps, but I'm having trouble even getting started with it, unfortunately. Just trying to get a pages sitemap never does anything at all.

I have the latest cmsms 2.2.15 and the most recent module 1.7.1.

I have the config file set appropriately with root_url, ssl_url & permissive_smarty set as they should be.

The permissions throughout the site are correct and allow writing.

I have checked the Navigator template for pages and incorporated it as part of my design(just in case)

As per the default I have:

Name: Pages
Module tag: {Navigator template='cms_template:Sitemap Pages'}

Clicking the submit says it has been successful but nothing is ever created. This text is always present, "Sitemap file has not yet been created.
First create a new module template as described in the documentation.
Update the Name and Module Tag as you need it!
A new sitemap(-index) file will be created after submit."

I have reviewed the help files, no errors appear in the logs and nothings seems to happen. I can delete the automatically created Pages tab and start again with the same results.

The base sitemap does appear, along with a link to the non-existent page sitemap. Robots.txt is also created OK,

<sitemapindex xmlns="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9">
<sitemap>
<loc>https://example.com/assets/sitemaps/sitemap-pages.xml</loc>
</sitemap>

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can debug this and get it working?

Thanks,

Mark.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: SitemapMgr query

Post by DIGI3 »

I had a similar issue, and it was a security setting my host had to change (not mod_security for once, although that could be a culprit too). I had found this error in the server error log (not php log):
[Mon Mar 08 10:38:18.404666 2021] [access_compat:error] [pid 16230:tid 47192425973504] [client 165.227.xx.xxx:43106] AH01797: client denied by server configuration: /home/path/user/403.shtml, referer: SitemapMgr

The host's comment was "I removed our bad user-agent detector", which got it working.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
markS
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by markS »

Thanks for the response, but that's not my issue here. No errors reported in the log & the cms admin log reports:

SitemapMgr Sitemap updated: Pages

But nothing happens.

If I put the navigation tag into a content page then I can see that it does properly generate the necessary entries, it just doesn't work inside SitemapMgr.

Thanks,

Mark.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Still looks like the same issue to me. That error wasn't in the regular php error log or access log, I had to dig through server logs for it.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
markS
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by markS »

I'm the admin for our servers, we don't block access based on user agent in a general way.
Rolf
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Rolf »

Hello markS,

Good to read you like SitemapMgr.

The module works at many, many websites without problems! Only a few have problems like you describe.
I have spend a lot of time debugging (including the one from Digi3). It still isn't possible for me to reproduce it.
Did some changes in the code to fix some rare conditions which might cause problems. And this fixed some problem sites...
But most issues were caused by hosting security settings.

Without any technical lead what proves the module code is failing, I haven't got a clue where to start........

grtz Rolf
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
- + - + - + - + - + - + -

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”