Looking for FEU Documentation

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
frank4360
Forum Members
Forum Members

Looking for FEU Documentation

Post by frank4360 »

Hello

I set up a system several years ago; and used the Front End User module from Calguy very successfully to set up a private group.

I now need to add another private group to give access to a separate section of the site, but I can't find the documentation for the FEU module. I have spent hours looking without success, so I would be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction!

Thanks in advance.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Looking for FEU Documentation

Post by DIGI3 »

The only documentation I'm aware of is accessed either through the "module help" link when in the module, or the "help" link in Module Manager. There are also some tutorials on Rolf's blog, for example https://cmscanbesimple.org/blog/setting ... ers-module

Note that FEU 3.x changed a lot and may prove to be a difficult transition, I would recommend sticking with the latest 2.x version for now.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
frank4360
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by frank4360 »

Thanks for your reply!!

I will look again tomorrow - unfortunately I had already found the link you sent to Rolf's information, and it doesn't help with my problem regarding two different private groups.

The CMSMS system has worked superbly for years for my friend's charity site, ADHDSolutions dot org , and I would love to be able to extend it to allow another private group.

Thanks again
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

I think you'll find it's pretty straight forward - add a group under the Groups tab in FEU, choose which properties to include and whether they're optional/required/hidden/etc, then you can assign users to the group. Protected pages view permissions can be set for each group individually. If you get stuck I'm sure you'll get answers here, but you should get as far as you can then be specific with your questions(s).
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”