LISE instance admin - item summary not showing icons

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
cjcollen
Forum Members
Forum Members

LISE instance admin - item summary not showing icons

Post by cjcollen »

Hi. I have installed LISE 1.4.1 and created an instance called Shop. In the admin section where I can add items, the item summary keeps losing the little icons to edit, delete, copy, select. The only way to re-display them is to go into Options, select a field from the "Display these fields in item overview:" drop-down and submit. Then the little Item summary icons re-appear. But when I go into an item to edit and then return to the Item summary, these icons disappear again.

Although I am running cmsms 2.2.13, I don't think that this is the problem. Any ideas? I cannot see anyone else complaining but it is happening both on my PC as well as my remote web server.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: LISE instance admin - item summary not showing icons

Post by DIGI3 »

I wasn't able to recreate the issue, so you might want to provide exact steps (what type of instance, order you did everything, etc.)
Keep an eye on the javascript console and see if there's any clues there, and/or use the inspector to see if the items are there but just hidden by something.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
cjcollen
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by cjcollen »

I just tried on another PC with my remote server version and all was OK so there is something happening with my PC.

I have tried with 2 browsers (firefox and chrome) for the remote server and I get my problem of missing icons on the item summary.

So this is all I did. Go into my LISE instance in admin and Item summary is showing icons. Click on an item and either submit or cancel - it matters not. Item summary refreshes with no icons.

The only way I can get them back is to go into Options and change something in that icon summary drop down either select a field or de-select a field and then submit. And going back to the Item summary, the icons have reappeared.

Very strange.
antibart
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by antibart »

I do not think that this is a LISE issue. I guess it's anything about a responsive design breakpoint.

I recognise exactly the same behaviour when the browser-width is too small. For example when I have my bookmarks or chronic opened on the left side of the browser. I'm using a 19" display. The icons disappear when the browser window is reaching a width of about 1100px with opened backend navigation. Surprisingly they temporarily re-appear after changing anything in the options.

Just try to open your browser full size or use a negative zoom of your browser and you will see the icons.
cjcollen
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by cjcollen »

antibart wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:55 am I do not think that this is a LISE issue. I guess it's anything about a responsive design breakpoint.

I recognise exactly the same behaviour when the browser-width is too small. For example when I have my bookmarks or chronic opened on the left side of the browser. I'm using a 19" display. The icons disappear when the browser window is reaching a width of about 1100px with opened backend navigation. Surprisingly they temporarily re-appear after changing anything in the options.

Just try to open your browser full size or use a negative zoom of your browser and you will see the icons.
Yes, antibart. You are correct. When I move my browser to my wider screen, those icons appear on the right hand side of summary panel.

So my question now is why does LISE not do what the other module summaries do i.e. News, Gallery, Content Manager. The little icons don't disappear off the right hand side for these mods, do they. Instead they make the other columns spread over multiple rows to accommodate the icons.

But the problem is solved (sort of). Thanks, antibart :)

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”