combining Formbuilder and Calendar

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
janvl
Power Poster
Power Poster

combining Formbuilder and Calendar

Post by janvl »

Hi,

is ist possible to enter a startdate, an enddate and description in Formbuilder and then generate a new event in CGCalendar?

Do i need to hand over through PHP parameters in the url or is there a better way?

I have build with formbuilder a simple Ticketsystem and got the question if this could also be linked to a calendar.

I would be gratefull if one could point in the right direction.

Regards,
Jan
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: combining Formbuilder and Calendar

Post by velden »

As far as I know CGCalendar doesn't offer a suitable API to add events.

You may want to consider using your ticketing system itself to build a calendar.
janvl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by janvl »

Thanks Velden,

i have a script running on one of the servers that dumps events from Booked into CGCalendar, that is however the old version.

I have just begun with this idea and the ticket-system with Formbuilder and Formbrowser is functioning.

The user for whom it is, asked if an integrated calendar, is possible and i have a site where the Formbuilder and calendar are combined but not in this specific way.

I will see what other option i have "itop" is to large for that.

regards,
Jan
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

Well, of course it is possible to add the events into CGCalendar. Just check the code of CGCalendar and see how it's done there. And/or check your script.

I once created a reservation system with LISE (frontend is CGBetterForms).

You could create a LISE summary template to create a calendar view in the frontend. Like CGCalendar you could use https://fullcalendar.io/ to display the calendar.
janvl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by janvl »

Hi Velden,

you are one step ahead of me, I have some other Webapps that use fullcalendar.io and will have a look there what could be done.

I did use Listit for an animalshelter once but when I was ready the owner died of a heartattack, so it was never used.

At first I will have a look if I can shovel the "Event" of the ticket into CGCalendar with an UDT.
Since only 1 person will make tickets that might work, entering events into CGCalendar on a multi-user-base could give trouble with the database (at least in the 1.12.2 cms version).

Thanks for thinking with me!

Regards,
Jan

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”