Front End Users - sending expiry email

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
johnboyuk1
Forum Members
Forum Members

Front End Users - sending expiry email

Post by johnboyuk1 »

Hi there

Does anyone know if it's possible, or know of a way, to get the FEU module to automatically send an email out to the user if their account is about to expire?

I'm using the module to be able to manually set up users to view sensitive information, but want to set their account expiry to one year. I'd like to be able to automate sending an email out at the end of that year that tells the user their account has expired and they need to get in touch to renew

Thanks!
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Front End Users - sending expiry email

Post by Jo Morg »

There are a few ways possible with Events and UDTs or a simple module if you know a bit o PHP and dare to explore the code of the modules a bit. However if you have some time to wait there is a fork of the old notifications module almost ready for release that might make it simpler to do that.
It's pretty much ready just doing some final tests and I may release it in a week or two. I can post here a note by release time if you want me to.
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!
johnboyuk1
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Front End Users - sending expiry email

Post by johnboyuk1 »

Thanks Jo.. I’m definitely not able to code php so do let me know when your module is ready and I’ll give that a try!

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”