NMS - or actually CmsJobManager not starting Topic is solved

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
smithdesign77
Forum Members
Forum Members

NMS - or actually CmsJobManager not starting

Post by smithdesign77 »

Hello guys…
I am having an issue with two last sites (both at the same webhoster) I'd like to finally upgrade to the latest version and PHP7.3
Everything works like a charm for the major parts, only I cannot manage to get the newsletters to work. :(

I have the same issue as posted already in this three year old thread: viewtopic.php?t=77556 or in this newer post: viewtopic.php?t=79547
Unfortunately there was no solution, fix or workaround provided, except that it ought to work in the latter version. ???
Other than that I was not able to find any further discussions, therefore I ask you for a little bump into the right direction.

In my personal case there are no errors thrown in the backend or elsewhere visible to me.
NMS is of course fine with everything, while the task was given to the job manager. There all I can see is:
Initialize Sending of job X
(X representing the individal number)
Earlier NMS was connected to the CGJobMgr and I used the URL in the module to kick newsletter-jobs, but even uninstalling the original CmsJobManager does not set the CGJobMgr instead.

Also in my case I am able to send a single test-mail out of the newsletter-module, but not get a job to start, no matter if it was only one single recipient. Therefore I guess the issue might rather be in the Job Manager — or, what I acutally think — this automatic starting doesn't work with my hoster or PHP or I-don't-know-what. I was used to always work with that certain "job-start-URL" from the CG job manager, because with the old version of the site jobs sometimes did start full-automatic, but in the most cases not - over several hours.

This is the first time I really feel module versions may be of help for support — however, I did strip out modules I take that can't be part of the problem (admin search, news module, etc.), so here we go with the most important stuff as I think it may be:
----------------------------------------------
Cms Version: 2.2.13
Installed Modules:
CGExtensions: 1.65.2
CGSimpleSmarty: 2.2.1
CGSmartImage: 1.22.7
CMSContentManager: 1.1.8
CMSMailer: 6.2.14
CmsJobManager: 0.1.3
ModuleManager: 2.1.7
NMS: 2.13.3

Config Information:
php_memory_limit:
locale:
set_names: true
timezone: Europe/Berlin
permissive_smarty: true

Php Information:
phpversion: 7.2.23
md5_function: An (Ja)
json_function: An (Ja)
gd_version: 2
tempnam_function: An (Ja)
magic_quotes_runtime: Aus (Nein)
E_ALL: 32759
E_STRICT: 2048
E_DEPRECATED: 8192
test_file_timedifference: No time difference found
test_db_timedifference: No time difference found
create_dir_and_file: 1
memory_limit: 100M
max_execution_time: 300
register_globals: Aus (Nein)
output_buffering: An
disable_functions:
open_basedir:
test_remote_url: Erfolgreich abgeschlossen
file_uploads: An (Ja)
post_max_size: 8M
upload_max_filesize: 8M
session_save_path: /tmp (1773)
session_use_cookies: An (Ja)
xml_function: An (Ja)
xmlreader_class: An (Ja)
check_ini_set: An (Ja)
curl: An

Server Information:
Server Software: Apache/2.4.41
Server Api: cgi-fcgi
Server Os: Linux 3.18.117-pvops-xen-x64 An x86_64
Server Db Type: MySQL (mysqli)
Server Db Version: 5.6.19
Server Db Grants: No „GRANT ALL“-Permission.

Permission Information:
tmp: /…/tmp (0750)
tmp_cache: /…/tmp/cache (0750)
templates_c: /…/tmp/templates_c (0750)
modules: /…/modules (0750)
uploads: /…/uploads (0750)
Maske zum Erstellen von Dateien (umask): /…/tmp/cache (0750)
config_file: 0740
----------------------------------------------
I will now again go to 2.2.14 in the base version and PHP7.3 - I was just trying different things here, to try to solve the problem my self:
  • • Playing with PHP7 versions
  • • Downgrading CMS-base versions
  • • Downgrading module versions of NMS etc.
  • • Installing the CGJobMgr (v 1.3.6), while this had worked with the previous version of the site
I also tried to display_errors (logging errors didn't work as expected; no log was created, but my webhost says that no errors have been thrown in this account) — but here also no luck, only some notices like "Deprecated usage of CGExtensions…" what cannot be the issue.

Thank you for any input! :)
smithdesign77
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: NMS - or actually CmsJobManager not starting

Post by smithdesign77 »

Okay, I guess this is solved and perhaps I did find the answer.

However, it seems to me, that as long the page is in maintenance mode, that newsletters cannot be sent — for whatever reason I don't know and why-ever this is not mentioned in the documentation or does not run into an error but instead completes … without actually completing … I don't know either. ;D

To be honest, this is just hear-say, although I could reproduce the not-sending behaviour when putting the page back into maintance mode again.
Perhaps somebody wants to retry this on a site where newsletters currently roll good - some ten minutes maintenance mode at night time could do even with some productive sites. If some people more can reproduce this, we'd know and could add to the documentation for future reference.

===

Maybe as a background information to that: I love maintenance mode!
This is one of the especially great features, imho.
Meanwhile, and specially when registering a brand new domain, at first I install CMSms, set up a basic "under construction" site like a static content site and work the page in the background while I'm 'unseen' just as long as I need to.
No need for a local installation; moving data and database; debugging certificates and URLs and whatever scripts at the new location; etc.; etc. — it is live (also to see for the client with all thinkable devices) and exactly in the right location, from scratch.
So I did this of course here too, and figured I'll probably have to look for an external newsletter provider — until suddenly I did receive mails and connected the dots. :)

Anyway, thank you for reading yourself into this anyway (I've seen over 900 views - wow!)!
Sorry the whole thing actually was caused by my own stupidity … but I really didn't know! :(
Mich-adg
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: NMS - or actually CmsJobManager not starting

Post by Mich-adg »

Hi,
does it works actually or did you have another problems since?
Thx.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”