FEU 3.2 Changes to loginform custom template is ignored

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
webform
Power Poster
Power Poster

FEU 3.2 Changes to loginform custom template is ignored

Post by webform »

I've copied the FEU login form "/modules/FrontEndUsers/templates/orig_loginform.tpl" to "/assets/module_custom/FrontEndUsers/templates" and placed {cms_module_hint module=FrontEndUsers logintemplate="my_loginform.tpl"} in the logic field of my login page.

But it seems the section with redirect or final message in the custom template is ignored and instead uses the "orig_loginform.tpl" template.
So any styling or redirect i've done to this section:

Code: Select all

{elseif !empty($requested_url)}
         {* we have logged in... but we originally requested a different URL.  We can go back there *}
	 {redirect_url to=$requested_url}
     {else}
         {* After login, we display a final message *}
         {* note: you could also redirect somewhere here:  see the redirect_page, redirect_url plugin, cms_selflink, cms_action_url and module_action_url plugins *}
         <div class="alert alert-info">{$final_msg}</div>
     {/if}
in my custom template is ignored and the module default template is used instead.
The form itself is using my custom template, so cms_module_hint is calling my custom login form.

Is it a bug or am i doing something wrong?

Cms Version: 2.2.13
CGExtensions: 1.65.1
FrontEndUsers: 3.2
webform
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: FEU 3.2 Changes to loginform custom template is ignored

Post by webform »

OK! I think i've figured something out;

You can't use "my_loginform.tpl" in a module_custom template, you have to use the original file name for the template "orig_loginform.tpl" or else the template is ignored.

I couldn't understand why any of my custom template edits didn't take. Then i tried to rename my templates files to FEU's templates original file names and now it's working.

Curious enough though, there is no problem using "my_custom_logoutform.tpl" for the logout form, but i have to use the original file names for the login form and post logout!
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

I've found the same, it's rather inconsistent of what works with module_hints or other methods of choosing alternate templates. You might wish to file a bug report for the module, I have a few I need to test on a clean install first and will do the same.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

Are you saying you create your custom NAMED templates and put them in the module_custom folder?

I'd expect the module_custom folder to be exclusively used for overriding (admin) templates which come by default with the module. Not for putting there your alternative templates too.
webform
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by webform »

Yes, that make most sense as that is the usual way to use module_custom folder.

But i got confused (properly not enough sleep) when FEU Help states:
There are numerous locations where you can locate your custom templates:
In the /assets/module_custom/FrontEndUsers/templates directory
You may need to create this directory structure, as it does not exist by default. Files in the module_custom directory will not be overwritten when the module is upgraded.

Files in this directory MUST end with a.tpl extension, and are accessed by just specifying the filename. i.e.: my_login_template.tpl
reinhardmohr
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by reinhardmohr »

Additional bug in module help:
Hi,
thanks for this post – it helped me after hours of struggling to find a solution (and thanks for making modules like FEU!).
Around the problem described here I found another minor problem that made it more difficult for me to find the solution:
Module help for FEU 3.2.2 describes where the custom templates must be stored:
You should NEVER modify these source files. These files can be overwritten when the module is upgraded. Always copy them to a new location.
There are numerous locations where you can locate your custom templates:
In the /assets/templates directory.
Copy the factory template to a desired filename in /assets/templates. Give the new file a .tpl extension.
Files in this directory are accessed by specifying the cms_file resource. i.e: cms_file:my_login_template.tpl
But at least for me and CMSms 2.2.14 this does not work. The prefix cms_file: seems to be wrong. For me only file: does work. E.g.:

{FrontEndUsers logintemplate="file:fampa_loginform.tpl" logouttemplate="file:fampa_logoutform.tpl"}
I hope this may help someone who tries to get this otherwise great module to work properly.
Thanks for CMSMS, the modules and the great support here

Reinhard

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”