No FormBuilder functionality after upgrading cmsms 2.2.10

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
map_1961
Power Poster
Power Poster

No FormBuilder functionality after upgrading cmsms 2.2.10

Post by map_1961 »

We updated the CMSMS core to 2.2.10 and now contact forms based on FormBuilder don't work anymore.
FormBuilder 0.8.1.6
CMSMailer 6.2.14.

Thx 4 help.

MAP
vhaakman
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: No FormBuilder functionality after upgrading cmsms 2.2.1

Post by vhaakman »

I upgraded to 2.2.12 recently and with the same versions of modules that you have it goes ok. But, maybe -since mailer is obsolete- the newer formbuilder uses the build in mail settings (partly). So maybe you need to check these out: website > general settings > mail

Also, check your mailer settings if you didnt do so already, your form send settings and if it keeps going wrongly, your apache errorlog. (found in the root)

Hope this helps!
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

It's hard to troubleshoot "doesn't work anymore". Is it not displaying the forms? Does the module not show up in admin anymore? Something else?

Typically you will find clues to the solution in your PHP error log.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
map_1961
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by map_1961 »

Thank you for your answers.
The php eror log did not delivery any solution on this matter. It was not possible to send data by any form to the server. What i finaly did was downgrading as long until a core version makes th site worlking again. This currently is version cmsms 2.2.9.1. All later core versions of cmcms obviously demand for mod_security to be off on the server.
I host since the first days of cmsms in 2006 on 1&1 provider using a shared hosting package. This worked pretty good for 13 years. If cmsms policy now is to demand mod_security to be off this is a feature that my provieder doesn't offer on a pakage like this.
So oit's is possible that a long friendship between us and cmsms will end on core version 2.2.9.1 if cmsms does not change its policy.
Best regards

MAP
Rolf
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Rolf »

Each host and mod_security server setup can be different.
If you can provide which "protection" rule is triggered and blocking a particular function the dev can do something about that. Sometimes it is very simple!
Recently I have done this for SimpleSiteMgr/Info modules.
It is give and take...
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

All later core versions of cmcms obviously demand for mod_security to be off on the server.
What made you come to this conclusion?

Here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ModSecurity you can read that ModSecurity offers a rule-based kind of filtering/protection. Rules can be changed and should be changed to keep up with legitimate systems like CMS Made Simple.

Often it's a matter of exluding or changing a rule for not falsely blocking request to CMSMS scripts. (ask your hosting provider)

I think it's not fair to blame CMSMS for being blocked by a third party system. Especially if that system can be configured in thousand different ways.

All the above assumes that things are blocked by mod_security which is not even sure as you didn't find proof for that in logs.

In general I think mod_security and CMSMS can perfectly live together. Just ask you hosting provider to either loosen the rules a little or make expections for the rules triggering the blocks.
map_1961
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by map_1961 »

Thanks for your comments.
I was just concerned because we spent lots of hours to make 2.2.10 - 2.2.12 working.

I reported this matter to the support of 1&1 yesterday and wrote the url of the dev site that is linked to the 2.2.12 installation. The Support wrote back two hours ago (2019_11_08) that the reported problems do not exist.
I checked myselfe and can state in here that the problems sending data by forms to the server now have vanished - how ever. Now i can log into FEU sites and i can send data by formbuilder forms. It's a miracle.

I have no explanation for this - maybe its a wounderously solving by itselfe over night or the Support of the ISP changed some of their mod_security settings.

I just want to state that i thank everybody for commenting this issue and that i never blamed CMSMS as i maybe use this system longer than some of the dev members are in, always loved it and always recommended it.

Kind Regards

MAP

---
As i can't set this post 2 solved i ask the forum admin to do so.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”